Personal Coach

Personal Coach

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

January 5th, 2010, 4:35 am #1

I am a junior in high school and I am looking for a personal running coach, does anyone have any recommendations of people they have used?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

January 5th, 2010, 4:38 am #2

Your high school coach is always a good place to start.

RHycz
RHycz

January 5th, 2010, 4:17 pm #3

Not true for all cases

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

January 5th, 2010, 4:29 pm #4

For MOST cases it is the best thing.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

January 5th, 2010, 5:24 pm #5

Your daughter has one of the best coaches in San Diego I think that would be the best person in your case. There may be an exception but I cant think of any.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

January 6th, 2010, 5:16 am #6

I agree that your high school coach should be your first choice, but everyone who's been involved in high school running has seen a problem coach once or twice.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

January 6th, 2010, 8:22 am #7

Actually, in many cases, while their heart might be in the right place, high school coaches are not a great resource for technical event coaching. The reality is that many are underqualifies in the more technical events and do not take part in annual clinics to improve their craft. And before any coaches out their get on my case, I have been coaching at the hs level for many years and can personally attest to the fact that less than 10% of the coaches in the multiple leagues to which I have been part of ever attend clinics to improve their craft. (Likely why SS is always so much more dominant)

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

January 6th, 2010, 3:22 pm #8

post your name and email address to your comments, Coach? That way, those athletes with a Know-Nothing High School Track Coach can call you for expert technical training. I think your numbers a bit off, but way to Bash 90% of your fellow coaches.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

January 6th, 2010, 8:52 pm #9

I think the 10% is a bit low...

and the only reason the SS is so strong - is sheer numbers!

There are plenty of great coaches in SD

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

January 6th, 2010, 10:08 pm #10

I did not say that there are not good coaches in SD. I said that there is a lack of quality coaches in technical events from SD that attend clinics to improve their craft. So, if you are going to make an attempt at addressing my statement, please pay better attention. Having attended more than 16 clinics in the last 5 years in the southern California area, i am incredibly confident in my estimate of the attendance level as it pertains to SD coaches. Lastly, posting one's name serves no purpose but to offer others the ability to personally assault the poster rather than simply focusing on the issue raised. As you were unable to accutely addres what I stated in the first place, I think less infomration for you to digest, the better. If you doubt my numbers, try inquiring with people that run the coaching clinics as to where the overwhleming majority of coaches who attend hail from.

Confirmation of reply: