MENS TRIPLE JUMP

MENS TRIPLE JUMP

C.I.F BOYS JUMPS
C.I.F BOYS JUMPS

May 17th, 2010, 7:30 pm #1

Stefan Mcclure , Marques Roberts , Travis johnson, a rising senior Justin Malishon should have a great battle in the mens triple jump with all of them over 47 feet . Roberts i think the most consistent of them all because of his step and landing phase , but not to sleep on Mcclure and johnson it is going to be a show , Roberts jumped an accounting 6 jumps of 47 ft+ jumps at arcadia invite: ending @ 47-08.75 ft , while news around mcclure leaped 48-3.00 ft and johnson with a P.R. of 47-4.50 ft, with Malishon at 47-00 ft even. This: i believe is going to be the best event as far as competitive level we should see some 48 ft , and possible 49 ft triple jumps leading into state meet . its going to be a good one

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 17th, 2010, 8:48 pm #2

Best event in terms of competitive level? Please explain your rational?

Danny Perez
Danny Perez

May 17th, 2010, 11:50 pm #3

Great little write up. As far as competition I do think it is one of the most exciting event on the field side. Its been years since we have had 4 guys over 47 and we are still in a drought for a 50 footer as well. Back in 06 we almost had one when Karlin Stewart went about 49'5 and Rosario went 48'10 or something. The 400 looks awesome with 10 guys under 50 in D1 and D2. 1600 with brewer, urie, and the others and Fahy will he run under 9 at prelims or finals? Still wished I lived in San Diego so I can go watch.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 18th, 2010, 12:00 am #4

Here a list from
50-5.25 Draper Rivers, Morse 1997
49-5.25 Justin Cox, Rancho Buena Vista 1996
49-7.5 Tyriff Rudder, MtMig (12) 1997
49-3 Tony Ortiz, Hx 2000
49-8.75 Keno White, RB, 12 (5-25, Masters, Poway)2002

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 18th, 2010, 12:10 am #5

nobody likes the triple jump.

Danny Perez
Danny Perez

May 18th, 2010, 12:24 am #6

I like all events, and I have run a decathlon and loved it. From distance to jumps and throws you can't call your self a fan if you don't know about all the events of track and field. I mean yeah this is more of a distance board but I like jumps, and I like distance and sprints and throws. What wrong with that??? When I ran I only liked the jumps but once I began coaching did I start to look at more other events. Plus the triple jump is a very hard event that requires both mental skill as well as physical. I can say the only events I have not tried are the 32, 5k and up, hammer and steeplechase (this looks fun) but I thrown the javelin high jumped pole vaulted and did some hurdles but and loved all the events. What you need to do is go to an all comers and try these events. I bet it will mess with your head trying to do the technique and the rhythm.

buzz thom
buzz thom

May 18th, 2010, 2:10 am #7

Nothing is prettier than a 50-foot triple jump. An athlete traversing 50 feet of distance or more, touching the ground only twice on the way. That has got to feel like flying, or the closest thing to it. I still have dreams of triple jumping, and just floating off the ground for as long as I wanted (trust me, this was ONLY a dream). Let other people have their pedestrian dreams of actually floating or flying, I'll take the feeling of being suspended over the runway any time. I talked to Dokie Williams once, at the old Orange Glen invite (he was coaching, I was journalisting), and expressed those feelings. He got a dreamy look on his face, and said, "It does feel really good when you catch one."

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 18th, 2010, 3:17 am #8

Here a list from
50-5.25 Draper Rivers, Morse 1997
49-5.25 Justin Cox, Rancho Buena Vista 1996
49-7.5 Tyriff Rudder, MtMig (12) 1997
49-3 Tony Ortiz, Hx 2000
49-8.75 Keno White, RB, 12 (5-25, Masters, Poway)2002
Rivers is Travis Johnson's Uncle

danny perezyeah
danny perezyeah

May 18th, 2010, 4:36 am #9

That explains it.....I heard from travis that his brother also jumped but don't recall his name. Travis is a stand up athlete and I'm happy he is were he is now its good he has competition to push all these guys to 50 and beyond

Coach James
Coach James

May 20th, 2010, 2:50 pm #10

I think this will be a great CIF far as Jumpers I havent seen this good of a group in sometime as for Travis Johnson his focus is not only on the triple jump but long as well he has made some improvements this year and back to 22 feet and he wants to be a complete jumper so watch out for him in the long jump as well and up and coming David Turner he has impressed me this year so much 22'2 as a 10th grader. I think he will be the next great jumper in San Diego I see him 24+ in the next two years I have some great guys I work with and they have work very hard this year we are ready for CIF.

Confirmation of reply: