Coach Robert McCarthy (Former La Jolla and Mission Bay Coach) Passes away

Coach Robert McCarthy (Former La Jolla and Mission Bay Coach) Passes away

December 20th, 2016, 9:05 pm #1

Heard some sad news that Coach Robert McCarthy passed away last Friday. I was wondering if there is anyone closer to him that can give me some info on his services. I would like to attend.
Thanks
Coach Perez

December 29th, 2016, 9:57 pm #2

Bob lived four doors down from me. He was one of the most kind and welcoming coaches as we were getting started at High Tech High. I will miss seeing his old car slow in front of my house on his way to summer workouts and I will miss him running around the neighborhood asking me if my legs still worked. He was a funny guy.

My wife and I will also never forget the day he found out I was a coach. He came up to both of us in the front yard and said, "Coaching is one of the greatest jobs in the world, but trust me being a husband and a dad are more important. Don't ever forget it."

I found a link to his obituary here:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sandie ... &fhid=3140

Service details:
Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 9:30am until time of 10:30 service at La Jolla Methodist Church, 6063 La Jolla Blvd.

January 2nd, 2017, 11:15 pm #3

Will be present at his service, we will also honor coach McCarthy at the Inaugural Jim Cerveny Invite as we will name the 4x4 races after him.

Confirmation of reply: