Anonymous Coward

May 11th, 2012, 6:42 am #2

Re: avocado east

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 11th, 2012, 6:45 am #3

can we get the results?
I share the same sentiment as this avo west message:

"It's too bad that athletes who have worked their butts off and run in the league prelims can't see their times unless they won that event. If it was about the athletes, times would get posted in a timely manner so thay wouldn't have to wonder for days what they ran. Really, how hard is it to post results? Kudos to all those leagues that did post so the athletes could evaluate how they did."

And they thought they had it bad....., what about this league???!!!

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 11th, 2012, 7:01 am #4

im sure meet management is giving the coaches results since they are running tomorrow...ask your coach like someone else said....what would the world do without George who by the way is putting together the city conference league stuff, if you would like to volunteer your time to helping to speed up the process contact your coach I'm sure the more help they get the better.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 11th, 2012, 2:44 pm #5

Would you like to be a super busy head coach and have every athlete coming up to you asking about their times at practice, or is it just easier for everyone to go to one place to check results? I know it's not "required" to post them, but it's the right thing to do.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 11th, 2012, 3:17 pm #6

im sure meet management is giving the coaches results since they are running tomorrow...ask your coach like someone else said....what would the world do without George who by the way is putting together the city conference league stuff, if you would like to volunteer your time to helping to speed up the process contact your coach I'm sure the more help they get the better.
has it occurred to you that not everyone who posts on here in a high school athlete, and some of us are older adults who are trying to keep up with the sport?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 11th, 2012, 4:55 pm #7

Would you like to be a super busy head coach and have every athlete coming up to you asking about their times at practice, or is it just easier for everyone to go to one place to check results? I know it's not "required" to post them, but it's the right thing to do.
plus there not many meets left to be busy about...what would everyone do with out this website....

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 11th, 2012, 5:51 pm #8

has it occurred to you that not everyone who posts on here in a high school athlete, and some of us are older adults who are trying to keep up with the sport?
Well Said!

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 12th, 2012, 7:36 am #9

Because you say "it's the right thing to do" doesn't make it right. Parents and athletes should go and check the results board at meet. Stop waiting for other people to do things for you. Especially things for free

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 12th, 2012, 7:38 am #10

Well Said!
1st - I remember back in the day when you had to wait and get results in the newspaper the following day. And, oh yeah, sometimes only the winners results were printed.

2nd - Go to your coach and get your marks or ask your coach where results are posted. I was at this meet and know for a fact that every competitions results were posted within 15 minutes of completion of the event at the snackbar and were also announced over the P.A. system.

3rd - The original post was sent at 8:57pm. The triple jump did not end until almost 8:30pm. Doesn't leave much time to send out results and do you all expect George Green to be at your beckon calls and drop everything to get you the results on this site with everything else he does in the Track & Field community. Plus the results you want were accessible to everyone at the meet if they were to make an effort to find them.

Confirmation of reply: