an apology-

an apology-

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

June 16th, 2010, 3:14 pm #1

last night my life reached rock bottom. today, with the help of my minister, i will be entering a rehab center for alcohol dependency.

i realize that my rants and opinions have offended people here. my past as a failed athlete, bad relationships, and abuse of alcohol have caused me to become a bitter person. it's not right to take all that misery onto message boards. no excuses.

my commitment is to get sober and healthy and become a better person. i sincerely apologize for saying stupid things and ask for forgiveness. i will never post on this website again and wish all of you much success in your future.

there are a lot of positive and good things in the world, and we should all be part of it.

Chris Ruff
Chris Ruff

June 16th, 2010, 4:12 pm #2

You obviously didn't have to post an apology at all, but you had the courage to do so anyhow. This is a good first step in changing your life for the better. However, I hope you have made some personal apologies to one young man in particular, as he is the most deserving of your sincere regret. I do not know you as a person, but I know your name and a bit about you. You certainly have some good qualities and have done some very good things in your life for the youth of your community.

You should feel blessed that you have such a great support system with you as you rise from "rock bottom."

By all means, don't leave the message board forever, just come back healthy and contribute in a positive way. As your posts in the past have reflected the worst time in your life, let your future posts represent what will hopefully be the best time in your life.

Good luck in your sobriety! Stick with it and embrace the program with every ounce of your being. Thanks again for having the courage to post today!

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

June 16th, 2010, 4:22 pm #3

Good luck.

Coach McGrath
Coach McGrath

June 16th, 2010, 4:57 pm #4

good luck with your journey....you will be in our prayers

th
th

June 16th, 2010, 6:00 pm #5

I know you can do it. Best wishes.

Ted Hack

buzz thom
buzz thom

June 16th, 2010, 9:19 pm #6

I couldn't imagine what was motivating your various posts. I am offering a sincere thank you for owning up to your problems and taking steps to turn things around in your life. At this point, that should be your main focus. Get better. Every day, just get better. Heal yourself, and you can begin to do things that will affect other people in a positive way. You are not banned from this board. You are obviously bright, and will have something to contribute. Life has some sharp ups and downs, and I, for one, am hoping that you will continue in a positive direction.

Helen Larchmiller
Helen Larchmiller

June 16th, 2010, 10:28 pm #7

last night my life reached rock bottom. today, with the help of my minister, i will be entering a rehab center for alcohol dependency.

i realize that my rants and opinions have offended people here. my past as a failed athlete, bad relationships, and abuse of alcohol have caused me to become a bitter person. it's not right to take all that misery onto message boards. no excuses.

my commitment is to get sober and healthy and become a better person. i sincerely apologize for saying stupid things and ask for forgiveness. i will never post on this website again and wish all of you much success in your future.

there are a lot of positive and good things in the world, and we should all be part of it.
"Abandon yourself to God as you understand God. Admit your faults to Him and to your fellows. Clear away the wreckage of your past. Give freely of what you find and join us. We shall be with you in the Fellowship of the Spirit, and you will surely meet some of us as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny."
A Vision for You, Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous (I know it's not Churchill)
There are no unicorns or rainbows in recovery either.
Good Luck to you if you are truly seeking help.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

June 17th, 2010, 12:28 am #8

Can't feel the "love" when your message line says "i'm reserving at this point" Nice, not.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

June 17th, 2010, 1:40 am #9

The old saying goes " what do you get if you sober up a horse thief? A sober horse thief!" Hoping for the best but just feel the need to reserve judgment for right now.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

June 17th, 2010, 2:50 am #10

That's pathetic.

Confirmation of reply: