If they made a new series, with a new cast...

Raiden
White Belt
Raiden
White Belt

Jan 17 2015, 08:37 PM #1

What would you want to happen? A completely new plot or a remake (better graphics) of the original series? And what about the cast? Should they keep the originals, or pick new voice actors? And if new, who would you pick?

...I thought of this just now, thanks to hearing Satoshi Hino (a voice actor) singing a snippet of Samurai Heart. This is that clip. Then I realized his voice would suit Sage or Cale like a glove.

My picks for a new cast, with a few songs~
Ryo: Nobutoshi Canna (pictured him singing this... this man impresses me. He's been good at singing since 1995, and he STILL keeps getting better even now! THIS. ...I also kind of picture Ryo's speaking voice sounding like Axel Almer.)
Sage: Ryotaro Okiayu (pictured him singing this and this)
Cye: Atsushi Kisaichi (pictured him singing this)
Kento: Hiroyuki Yoshino (pictured him singing this and this)
Rowen: Hisayoshi Suganuma (pictured him singing this and this)
Anubis: Ryouta Takeuchi (pictured him singing this) OR Eiji Takemoto (pictured him singing this)
Cale: Satoshi Hino (pictured him singing this, this and this)
Sekhmet: Tomokazu Sugita (pictured him singing this)
Dais: Hideo Ishikawa (pictured him singing this)
Talpa: Fumihiko Tachiki (pictured him singing this)
Saber-Stryke: Jouji Nakata (pictured him singing this... yes, this guy can sing extremely well. His voice is hot, too.)
Ancient One: Hideyuki Tanaka (pictured him singing this)
"I'm pleased to meet you, Professor Balderdash. My name's Itagne. It was good of you to introduce yourself. Thanks awfully, old boy." -The Hidden City (David Eddings)

lurk lurkedy lurk kaboom

Mo_chan
Martial Artist
Mo_chan
Martial Artist

Jan 18 2015, 04:57 PM #2

Great suggestions, Raiden! I'm not as into the anime scene as I used to be so I can't make any voice actor suggestions of my own, but in terms of plot for a new series I'd LOVE to see more of the Ronins family life explored, or the origins of how they got their armor in animated form. Even if they just showed flashbacks to these things, I'd love seeing how they lived before they got their armors.

Also, I'd like to see more about the Warlords in feudal Japan! They're very interesting characters in and of themselves and their potential was a bit wasted in the original series. This extends to Kayura, Mia, Yuli, WhiteBlaze, and the Ancient One as well. So many characters with mysterious pasts who influence the story, and aren't really explored!

I think I'd actually be disappointed if a new series was released and it was literally the same series as before, just with better animation. If I wanted to watch the first series again, I'd pop in my DVDs! Anime as a medium has come a long way since the show first came out and I think they could use a lot of what's been learned to give the series a proper update from top to bottom.
(<--Both from Ty-Chou's site!)

RaeSeddon
Martial Artist
RaeSeddon
Martial Artist

Jan 18 2015, 06:28 PM #3

I'd like to see a lot of stuff that just never made it into the original series if they did a reboot-- I've always liked the original idea that Touma and Shuu knew each other before the Youja invaded, for one. Also if they're going to start the series with Nasutei and Dr. Yagyu, then take time to really introduce them. If we're meant to see things through Nasutei's eyes, then let me get to know her a little beforehand. (Not that I didn't love her at first sight to begin with anyway...xD ) Like as much as I love how the series just throws you into the action, there's plenty of time that flashbacks could flesh everyone out just a little more.

Raiden
White Belt
Raiden
White Belt

Jan 19 2015, 04:44 PM #4

http://www.tusfiles.net/5d87x04ofpg5 Here's a creepy little voice clip of Satoshi Hino as Ash from Kuroshitsuji. ...I have a feeling his voice would suit either Anubisu or Rajura really well.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/corda3/anothe ... _myoga.htm This is a bit deeper. ...Maybe Anubisu after all? (Dang it, I can't wait to watch Magi. Hino's character Koumei is really pretty. argh)
"I'm pleased to meet you, Professor Balderdash. My name's Itagne. It was good of you to introduce yourself. Thanks awfully, old boy." -The Hidden City (David Eddings)

lurk lurkedy lurk kaboom

Raiden
White Belt
Raiden
White Belt

May 14 2018, 07:15 PM #5

...I've started to get more into English voice actors recently so I'll attempt an English "recast" this time. If they ever remake and/or redub the series, this cast would be ideal for me:

Ronin
Ryo: Ray Chase (maybe with his Alfonse voice from Fire Emblem Heroes; though Eve from Nier: Automata is also great... Ray's just amazing in general)
Sage: Xander Mobus (maybe with his Arvis voice from FE Heroes? Though his Stocke from Radiant Historia is very stoic like I'd expect Sage to be.)
Cye: Yuri Lowenthal (with his Merric voice from FE Heroes)
Kento: Taliesin Jaffe (with his Cain voice from FE Heroes; though he could even play Sage with the voice he uses for Snake in Zero Escape)
Rowen: Greg Chun (with his Ephraim voice from FE Heroes)

Warlords
Anubis: Matthew Mercer (with his Ryoma voice from FE Heroes)
Cale: Imari Williams (with his Valter voice from FE Heroes; I was honestly surprised this was him... he sounds nothing like Benny or Fuga here)
Sekhmet: David Vincent (with his Michalis voice from FE Heroes)
Dais: Robbie Daymond (maybe with his Ares voice from FE Heroes? Though I think his Selvan from Radiant Historia fits even better.)
Kayura: Alexis Tipton (with her "Marth" voice from FE Heroes)

Allies
Mia: Cherami Leigh (with her Cecilia voice from FE Heroes)
Yuli: n/a (will find one later)
Ancient One: Walden James (with his Jaffar voice from FE Heroes)

Villains
Talpa: Jamieson Price (with his Zephiel voice from FE Heroes; he's amazing at changing emotion mid-sentence, Zephiel sounds like he has anger management issues)
Saber-Stryke: Travis Willingham (with his Ogma voice from FE Heroes, just with a less informal speech pattern)

lurk lurkedy lurk kaboom