Your swing plane

Your swing plane

May 12th, 2012, 12:30 pm #1

If you still use a SA swing, I'd be curious if you have a flatter plane (reaching out) like the later Moe and Graves, or more upright (closer to the ball) than that, like Hazeldine. I'm not even sure where to put the pre-Graves NG on that continuum. Or HSS or BGG.

Did you get that way by following a model, or did you deviate from the chosen model because it felt or worked better (to do it differently)?

Or, does anyone here still swing SA, lol? Lurkers, speak up!

May 12th, 2012, 4:46 pm #2

I tried the 'reaching out' and it did not work very well for me. I use IMA and stand closer to the ball though I do not know that this means my swing plane is steeper. In fact my swing plane is much shallower than it was when I was 'reaching out' but that is due to limiting my back swing vs IMA or Moe.

Peter

gsw

May 14th, 2012, 11:28 am #3

If you still use a SA swing, I'd be curious if you have a flatter plane (reaching out) like the later Moe and Graves, or more upright (closer to the ball) than that, like Hazeldine. I'm not even sure where to put the pre-Graves NG on that continuum. Or HSS or BGG.

Did you get that way by following a model, or did you deviate from the chosen model because it felt or worked better (to do it differently)?

Or, does anyone here still swing SA, lol? Lurkers, speak up!
I have played golf using the reaching out version of SA golf and I am currently setting up much closer to the ball much like the IMA or the HSS setup position. I can make both setups work but it does seem that the extreme NG style position makes it harder to repeat the impact position. For me setting up using the IMA impact backward drills seems to get me in my best position in order to make the address and impact position as close to the same as possible.

Stan