your putting technique?

your putting technique?

June 22nd, 2009, 12:54 am #1

What is your putting style?

Since my iron and driver are behaving this year, I have been goofing with my putting. I have tried a few different methods this season and one has been working very well for me. I have been lining up and putting "Hammy" style.

For those who are not in the "know", the Hammy style putting set up is front foot back and angled towards the hole. This puts your body in a position facing more towards the target rather than parallel to the ball. You grip the club like a "hockey stick".

Short putts have been o.k., but my medium and long putts have been excellent! The ball always seems to be nestled close to the hole where I could kick it in after a long putt.

I don't know if I want to purchase a "Hammy" putter because they are pretty ugly. I am thinking of having one made in a similar fashion. Anyone have any tips on this?

gsw

June 23rd, 2009, 2:06 pm #2

Putting Hammy style is half way there to putting sidesaddle check out this web sitehttp://puttmagic.com/default.htm

Good Luck

Stan
Last edited by gsw on June 23rd, 2009, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 23rd, 2009, 8:27 pm #3

Since my iron and driver are behaving this year, I have been goofing with my putting. I have tried a few different methods this season and one has been working very well for me. I have been lining up and putting "Hammy" style.

For those who are not in the "know", the Hammy style putting set up is front foot back and angled towards the hole. This puts your body in a position facing more towards the target rather than parallel to the ball. You grip the club like a "hockey stick".

Short putts have been o.k., but my medium and long putts have been excellent! The ball always seems to be nestled close to the hole where I could kick it in after a long putt.

I don't know if I want to purchase a "Hammy" putter because they are pretty ugly. I am thinking of having one made in a similar fashion. Anyone have any tips on this?
is EXACTLY how I have putted for the last couple of years. Never have putted better in my life... I am getting a reputation with my buddies for my putting. I don't have any tips other than 2 things I use. I put a large Macro putter grip on my putter. It has a weird shape to it... but is perfect for the split grip we use. I also have a Reeso putter which I highly recommend. Awesome putter with a ton of features. Love it.

June 24th, 2009, 2:57 pm #4

It seems that Simple Putting, Side Saddled, and Hammy configurations are centered shafted. I currently use a an Odyssey mallet centered shaft that works well for the Hammy set up. Yes putters look real nice and I know they make centered shafted putters. I may look into one of these someday.

I wonder if I add the "extra" long grip to the putter, how will it affect the weight and balance?

June 24th, 2009, 5:25 pm #5

is center shafted. The Macro grip is large and really heavy. Love it.

gsw

June 25th, 2009, 2:21 pm #6

It seems that Simple Putting, Side Saddled, and Hammy configurations are centered shafted. I currently use a an Odyssey mallet centered shaft that works well for the Hammy set up. Yes putters look real nice and I know they make centered shafted putters. I may look into one of these someday.

I wonder if I add the "extra" long grip to the putter, how will it affect the weight and balance?
The Ping B-90 has a center shaft and is rounded so that it can be used with any lie angle. It has worked well for me for years.

Stan