Whippy Tempo Master

Whippy Tempo Master

March 9th, 2015, 2:39 am #1

I know Peter and Frank B use these - well Frank B. uses his home brew. My home brew broke, and rather than make another - Peter said the real whippy is way more flexible...figured I would buy one. So first, does anybody have one they want to sell?

Next, anybody want to chime in on their experience using it?

Finally, the Whippy site is like dead, with some strange errors returning when you click on the order tab, which is why I am hunting

Kevin

March 9th, 2015, 2:59 pm #2

I have the orange whip which works on the same concept.
And they have both an iron and a driver size.
The orange whip has gotten great reviews on both amazon and many golf chat forums.

March 9th, 2015, 8:44 pm #3

I know Peter and Frank B use these - well Frank B. uses his home brew. My home brew broke, and rather than make another - Peter said the real whippy is way more flexible...figured I would buy one. So first, does anybody have one they want to sell?

Finally, the Whippy site is like dead, with some strange errors returning when you click on the order tab, which is why I am hunting

Kevin
http://www.network54.com/Forum/743909/t ... +57+Whippy

March 9th, 2015, 8:45 pm #4

Kevin
May look into an Orange Whip as well. Highly recommended in the golfing world.

March 9th, 2015, 11:45 pm #5

One guy I read, uses it in conjunction with his whippy clubs for practice.

I tried it at Golf galaxy, My over speed training club does a better job than the orange whip plus gets the added benefit of over speed training. The orange whip is heavier than a club.

March 11th, 2015, 10:34 pm #6

Kevin
it seems there is a vendor that provides the Tempomaster through Amazon.

I've seen people on forums claim they used a complete set of Tempomaster clubs. I would not do that but I have found them useful for practice and instructive in that the clubhead intuitively acts as a 'free body' during the swing providing the experiential proof of some scientific studies.

Peter

March 12th, 2015, 4:14 am #7

Read everything on the whippy site, and reading about the inventor's instructor telling him to come back only after he "could swing a rope", reminded me of Bertholy string ball and that feeling. Then remembered you saying how much more flexible the whippy is than my home brew...and well, I gotta have one now.

I made a string ball tonight and messed around with it using my MGS set up - was pleased to find no issues keeping the string taught.

I have found more than a few sources now, just have to pull the trigger. Probably get the 6 and the putter.

Kevin

March 13th, 2015, 7:08 pm #8

Always had trouble with understanding the string ball exercise.

If you get a minute Kevin could you put this in your words .... would really like to try this if you feel it is valuable.

..trencher

March 13th, 2015, 7:22 pm #9

Read everything on the whippy site, and reading about the inventor's instructor telling him to come back only after he "could swing a rope", reminded me of Bertholy string ball and that feeling. Then remembered you saying how much more flexible the whippy is than my home brew...and well, I gotta have one now.

I made a string ball tonight and messed around with it using my MGS set up - was pleased to find no issues keeping the string taught.

I have found more than a few sources now, just have to pull the trigger. Probably get the 6 and the putter.

Kevin
Kevin: A few years ago I often visited a municipal golf range in Honolulu, and
an older local was pounding out 200+ yards, dead straight with a 'Whippy'. I was amazed,
and purchased the 3W versionof it. Used it some, with mixed results, mostly due to my lack
of talent! I have one in 'pristine condition' that hopefully I can find - garage in a
state of chaos, due to moving. If I can find her, I will offer it to you almost free,
due to your conscientious instruction and contributions to Golf. How's the new, little
golfer doing? Regards, HackinBill

March 14th, 2015, 1:45 am #10

Always had trouble with understanding the string ball exercise.

If you get a minute Kevin could you put this in your words .... would really like to try this if you feel it is valuable.

..trencher
Make a string ball. I use a golf whiffle or foamy and kitchen twine.

Hold the string end in your lead hand, ball in trail. Now make it taut and complete your "back swing".

Now make your downswing incorrectly first by throwing the ball with your trail hand, you can still try to pull with your lead hand, but if you get the right hand involved at all you will be hard pressed to keep the string taut, and the radius is never the same.

Now, complete your backswing, but this time as you start your downswing simply let go of the ball with your trail hand, while continuing to pull with the lead side and arm while the ball "free wheels" around with much more speed and whacks you in the back.

You will soon learn the difference between a lead side generated swing and a over the top hit with the right hand/side before it's time. This is what the whippy inventor's instructor was trying to teach him when he quit teaching him until he could "swing a rope" The inventor went on top develop the whippy clubs. Here is a video I made. First reps are throwing, the second the lead side swing. You can barely see the ball as it races around in the second set. I then show you Bertholy's rod snap.

https://youtu.be/KywMAggfAdY

Hope this helps,

Kevin
Last edited by mcirishman57 on March 14th, 2015, 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.