What's your best tip?

What's your best tip?

December 13th, 2011, 4:30 pm #1

For me, especially in the SA swing it's keeping your head over your right side while transferring weight to your left. With any conscious effort of weight transfer you'll tend to pick that head up...In any swing including CG all the greats keep that head behind the ball until well after impact. What's your favorite tip?...

I come in peace...

gsw

December 14th, 2011, 3:22 pm #2

The best SA tip that I can think of would be to do the IMA drills every day. This will teach you the proper right arm motion for any of the SA golf swings.

Stan

January 6th, 2012, 8:40 pm #3

Stay flat footed till long after the ball is gone to keep from coming out of the shot. Trying to keep your head still isn't enough. This seems to help in any SA swing, especially the HSS IMO...

I come in peace...

January 6th, 2012, 10:48 pm #4

is explicitly counter to IMA instruction. Scott has been explicit about potential problems (i.e. pain) if you attempt to keep your trail foot flat for an artificially long time.

Peter

January 7th, 2012, 4:18 am #5

Peter, I've never heard you say anything you like about HSS. What doesn't work for you may work well for someone else. No pain here...just good results, dig it...lol

I come in peace...

January 7th, 2012, 4:30 am #6

is explicitly counter to IMA instruction. Scott has been explicit about potential problems (i.e. pain) if you attempt to keep your trail foot flat for an artificially long time.

Peter
"Both feet should be FLAT on the ground at impact. There is some leeway with the trail foot but not much"...

"Be sure to keep the rear heel down 'til impact.
Keep your head over the rear knee and very still."

For me delaying any right toe finish keeps you from coming out of the shot prematurely. A hook or pull will happen if you do...

I come in peace...

January 7th, 2012, 7:32 pm #7

Peter, I've never heard you say anything you like about HSS. What doesn't work for you may work well for someone else. No pain here...just good results, dig it...lol

I come in peace...
you've not heard me say anything good about HSS you have not read everything I've written.

HSS is however beside the point. Swinglikemoe specifically said he was using IMA NOT<b> HSS and your advice is counter to IMA instruction.

Peter
</b>

January 7th, 2012, 7:33 pm #8

"Both feet should be FLAT on the ground at impact. There is some leeway with the trail foot but not much"...

"Be sure to keep the rear heel down 'til impact.
Keep your head over the rear knee and very still."

For me delaying any right toe finish keeps you from coming out of the shot prematurely. A hook or pull will happen if you do...

I come in peace...
you have a reading comprehension problem or you do not realize that IMA and HSS are not the same. Swinglikemoe is using IMA NOT HSS.

Peter

January 7th, 2012, 8:15 pm #9

The title that started this thread was "your favorite [best] tip". I was never trying to give "SwinglikeMoe" advice. My tips are what works for me and yes they could help someone else. No comprehension problem here, but more of a misunderstanding of the topic on your part. In the end we all want to see each other improve...thanks to the site and your help.

I come in peace...

January 7th, 2012, 9:44 pm #10

on your part of the structure of this forum. You did not post a 'tip' you posted a response to Swinglikemoe.

Peter