What? No post about Tiger?

What? No post about Tiger?

gsw

December 2nd, 2009, 9:50 pm #1

Just wondering why no one has brought up Tiger Woods recent news?

Stan

December 2nd, 2009, 11:41 pm #2

The posters on this forum are very gentlemanly, silence is golden. I believe Tiger has quite enough being said about him. Hopefully, he will come through this mess. He's great for golf, and we need him to help bolster the game.

AllenG

December 3rd, 2009, 12:08 am #3

Stan
what's the difference between a golf ball and a cadilac escalade? Tiger can drive a golf ball 350 yards.

gsw

December 3rd, 2009, 3:12 am #4

I can out drive Tiger (in a car).

Stan
Last edited by gsw on December 3rd, 2009, 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 3rd, 2009, 12:50 pm #5

Stan
because it's not related to golf. No one bought up Monte's divorce, Norman's divorce-marriage-divorce or numerous other non-golf related personal events that have happened with golfers.

Peter

December 3rd, 2009, 5:09 pm #6

How can you say the Tiger incident wasn't golf related.

Isn't it true that that, when asked how many times she hit him that she replied, "I don't know. Put me down for a 5."

Isn't it true that Phil contacted Tiger's wife to pick-up tips on how to beat Tiger.

Isn't it true that, when asked why they were out on the lawn at 2:30 AM they replied, "Oh we were just clubbing."

Who among us doesn't hear a car crash and immediately grab the closest golf club we can find??!!

December 3rd, 2009, 5:13 pm #7

Stan
Check out the reinactment: http://www.break.com/index/chinese-tige ... tment.html

December 3rd, 2009, 9:51 pm #8

Stan
I guess that I will throw my two cents in.

The tour has plenty of rich spoiled guys who talk up family values and bonk skanks on the road I just did not think that Tiger was one of those. Even at my age I guess that I can still be disappointed in a 'fallen hero'.

Also it seems to me that in light of his interviews where he talked about his 'life partner' while he was doing what he was doing he has no business criticizing the media for being all over this story. He is a public persona and the scrutiny comes with territory. It is pretty easy to think that the only thing that he is sorry about is that he got caught.

Oh well in a few years it will all be pretty much forgotten, I doubt that it will effect Tiger's play much I think that his concentration will see him through on the golf course.

Rather disturbing really but such is life I guess...

Regards, Herbert

December 4th, 2009, 2:22 am #9

I agree. Much is said that this is his PRIVATE business. Tell that to the people who own stock in the following companies:
PGA
Upper Deck
TLC Laser Eye Centers
Tatweer
Nike Golf
Net Jets
Golf Digest
Gillette
Gatorade
EA Sports
AT+T
Accenture

Tiger didn't represent himself to these people as a person lacking in moral character. Imagine the people in the golf tournament this week, and how they will be affected, personally, and financially.

This is NOT a private issue.

December 4th, 2009, 4:54 am #10

they are all individual contractors and this forum is not about the golf business.

Peter