$20 in Paypal for Someone

$20 in Paypal for Someone

December 12th, 2014, 7:54 pm #1

Here's the deal. I am 74 years old, overweight, and bald. Disregard the bald part. I hit my driver about 175 yards on the average. I know all about lag and other things to help you it it farther. I do release too early, but when I try to develop lag, I lose my ability to hit it as straight as I normally do.

I need help and something might just come from this to help me. I will paypal $20 to the one who helps me gain distance. If I receive several offers and I gain distance, I will send it to the one who helps the most.

I know this might be difficult without seeing my swing, who knows.

I have listed this on another forum, but I will be honest about this and post the name of the one who helps me gain a little more distance. I would love to be able to hit a 210 yard drive.

Peter, if this violates any of the forum rules, feel free to remove it.

Roger

December 12th, 2014, 8:35 pm #2

Roger,

The success I have seen in increasing distance - there are three steps:

1) Proper Technique - focus on the main areas of speed including hand action, arm and torso action, hip action / stability.
2) Club path movement (developing proper club path where the hands move down the plane line and club comes from inside / leading hands into impact
3) Resistance and strength training - to develop functional strength

Technique is priority. If you need functional strength, check out our latest training aid - the hand speed trainer here:

http://moenormangolf.com/store/products ... d-trainer/

The hand speed trainer is the best product I have ever seen for developing functional strength without sacrificing technique for development of arm / hand speed and stability of the body.

Todd

December 13th, 2014, 3:34 am #3

Here's the deal. I am 74 years old, overweight, and bald. Disregard the bald part. I hit my driver about 175 yards on the average. I know all about lag and other things to help you it it farther. I do release too early, but when I try to develop lag, I lose my ability to hit it as straight as I normally do.

I need help and something might just come from this to help me. I will paypal $20 to the one who helps me gain distance. If I receive several offers and I gain distance, I will send it to the one who helps the most.

I have listed this on another forum, but I will be honest about this and post the name of the one who helps me gain a little more distance. I would love to be able to hit a 210 yard drive.

Roger
Diligent practice of the Bertholy drills in <a href="http://www.paulbertholy.com/paulberthol ... html">Golf Swing Construction 101 will increase your distance and likely to more than 210 but it will not be quick and will require effort. Bertholy tells the story of an older golfer that developed a fine swing. Petearm who used to participate here attended the Bertholy school in VA and found great improvements in his ball striking, trajectory and distance developed from this work on the drills digging dirt in the soy bean field bordering his back yard. Petearm was not too far from your age when he started.

Peter</a>

December 22nd, 2014, 5:18 pm #4

Roger
You need an over speed training program. The Blueprint/Bertholy drills will improve your club head speed by improving your technique and sequencing, but to max out your club head speed, you must train fast. Those drills are only no motion and slow motion drills. Over speed training is used in every major sport where explosive speed is required.

The simplest solution is to order a speed chain - best $160 you will ever spend. Alternatively, you can speed train using and over speed trainer club. The club must be lighter than your normal clubs so that you can swing it faster to build the motor neural circuits and so your muscles adapt to faster speed. While the above ideas will all help, swinging the over speed trainer fulfills one of the key requirements for training - the law of specificity. The training should match the motion being trained as close as possible for maximum efficacy. Only the speed chain and the over speed trainer meet this requirement.

Watch this video where I talk about building home brew training aids - starting about the four minute mark I get into the over speed trainer:

http://youtu.be/o4NQpLCwX4A?list=ULo4NQpLCwX4A

I have also written a book - "The Need For Speed" that outlines an over speed training program using the over speed trainer club. I now ship a copy with every order of my other books.

If you train fast - you will increase your club head speed guarnateed....

Kevin

December 29th, 2014, 4:00 pm #5

Roger
As we age, our ability to precisely time our actions diminishes, probably faster than our strength.

Michele Wie at 14 outdrove many of us because of her precision in alignment AND timing.

There was a study some years back where a group of golfers spent time doing musical rhythm exercises to increase their timing, and all of them increased their distance. The control group spent the same amount of time reading tips from golf magazines and stayed the same. Actually I'm a bit surprised they didn't decline.

Buy a metronome and a piano.

Or, at least a metronome, and a copy of:
http://www.amazon.com/Rhythmic-Training ... 0769293751

Any cheap metronome will work, you can even get an app for a cell phone.

December 29th, 2014, 9:51 pm #6

In fact for all swings not done on Clearkey, I swing to tour tempo.

December 30th, 2014, 1:26 am #7

Roger
Thanks guys. Just waiting for good weather to try these ideas.

December 30th, 2014, 5:07 am #8

Is perfect for training! My methods require no range, and actually the Blueprint drills and speed training can be done in your garage...the Blueprint / Bertholy drills with a shortened training club in your living room. The speed training in a garage or any indoor area with a high ceiling.

When I was a member of the local YMCA...I would do my workout...then head to the basketball court or unoccupied aerobics room... find a corner of the gym where no one was and swing away. Got more than a few stares..but hey...wasn't the first time ...won't be the last!

Good Luck!

Kevin

January 1st, 2015, 6:16 am #9

I agree with what you are saying, but I don't know what will increase my distance. All of the things you have mentioned will surely improve distance, but I still need better weather to try them.

January 1st, 2015, 3:35 pm #10

If you have a swing speed meter, you don't need good weather. You just begin training. Chart your swing speed starting with the first day. As you train note your swing speed increase. If your swing speed increases, you will hit it farther...so you can train all winter and never hit a ball. Then, on your first league night your buds will be like " Sheesh Roger, what'd you eat today?" You will just smile and drive 20 yards past their ball to yours.