Untitled

Untitled

February 22nd, 2012, 8:47 am #1

If anyone from network54 would like to comment upon MGS (good, bad, ugly) please feel free to do so on my blog kirankanwargolf.wordpress.com. Kevin also has a nice blog that he made up recently dedicated to mgs (getmgs.com), where I'm sure people with questions could post too.

However, it'd be a pity if Peter did not continue to post any MGS things people wish to share, because after all, it's all about improving people's golf, no-one is benefitting from it financially (I'm hoping one day to make MGS the Linux of golf - like it, use it, maybe donate to my fav charity if you love it!!).

Also, it's about people like Peter who have scientific knowledge to share, who can be the voice-of-reason on this forum, and comment on any posts that seem unscientific or fake!

February 23rd, 2012, 10:16 am #2

that maybe the problem Peter has with your swings is that if people performed it exactly as directed then they most likely would have little chance of playing golf at a high level. All the swings I have seen posted do not come close to what you demonstrate. ;(

I think the pre-turned setup position that you teach helps a number of people, especially those who are overweight. This is also not a new idea and has been taught by many teachers over the years.

This is a forum dedicated to the SA setup swings and I do not think posts would be tolerated from Stack and Tilt people, Leadbetter, etc... There are many other forums for that.

It doesn't matter to me what is allowed here or not. I just skip over what I do not wish to read, which is a lot lately.

best regards,

Ham

February 23rd, 2012, 2:05 pm #3

If anyone from network54 would like to comment upon MGS (good, bad, ugly) please feel free to do so on my blog kirankanwargolf.wordpress.com. Kevin also has a nice blog that he made up recently dedicated to mgs (getmgs.com), where I'm sure people with questions could post too.

However, it'd be a pity if Peter did not continue to post any MGS things people wish to share, because after all, it's all about improving people's golf, no-one is benefitting from it financially (I'm hoping one day to make MGS the Linux of golf - like it, use it, maybe donate to my fav charity if you love it!!).

Also, it's about people like Peter who have scientific knowledge to share, who can be the voice-of-reason on this forum, and comment on any posts that seem unscientific or fake!
Thanks for the efforts that you have made to try and help people play better.I have been visiting this forum on and off for several years.There have been times when it has been really helpful.The forum also can degenerate into some very petty exchanges and I have been foolish enough to be drawn into some of them myself.I am always interested in new and different ways that people have devised to hit a golf ball.I can not understand why there are those who feel threatened by the exchange new ideas.In any event,I will continue to follow your work via other sites.I have experimented with your method and find that it has merit in my opinion.I have some questions ,but will save them for another venue because I do not want to violate the subject matter purity that suddenly seems to be a concern.The forum is not a democracy and the moderator does a lot of work and can do what he wants.There are positives to a benevolent dictatorship and there are negatives.We are all free to make the value judgement as to whether one outweighs the other.Trying to figure out whether banning MGS discussions is a positive or a negative is a function of the moderators goals.I am not up to the task of figuring those out.

February 23rd, 2012, 2:33 pm #4

that maybe the problem Peter has with your swings is that if people performed it exactly as directed then they most likely would have little chance of playing golf at a high level. All the swings I have seen posted do not come close to what you demonstrate. ;(

I think the pre-turned setup position that you teach helps a number of people, especially those who are overweight. This is also not a new idea and has been taught by many teachers over the years.

This is a forum dedicated to the SA setup swings and I do not think posts would be tolerated from Stack and Tilt people, Leadbetter, etc... There are many other forums for that.

It doesn't matter to me what is allowed here or not. I just skip over what I do not wish to read, which is a lot lately.

best regards,

Ham
this is A place for golfers to share ideas, opinions, and other information pertaining to any variation of the Moe Norman inspired single-axis golf swing, so that they may learn from one another. and while discussion of general principles of the golf swing applicable to SA and other 'swings'" is encouraged there clearly comes a point where such discussion on a single swing should be taken to a forum of its own so that this remains a forum so SA golfers.

No problem posting about stack & tilt (and that has happened here) but if S&T had dominated the volume of posts for as long as MGS has then it would be time for S&T to have it's own forum.

Peter

February 23rd, 2012, 7:43 pm #5

Moe Norman inspired single-axis golf swing

This part of the statement is not correct. Jack Kuykendal inspired the Single Axis golf movement. He is the one who is the reason that this forum exists and he should be listed in the banner.

Regards, Herbert

February 23rd, 2012, 8:32 pm #6

I thought JK purchased the rights from Rightway golf and its owners at one point I thought it was called hammer golf. I thought it included the right arm alignment type swing and the golf club design. I don't recall specifics just thought I read it some where???

February 23rd, 2012, 8:58 pm #7

This part of the statement is not correct. Jack Kuykendal inspired the Single Axis golf movement. He is the one who is the reason that this forum exists and he should be listed in the banner.

Regards, Herbert
there was no movement, and JK got the idea from David Ohrn and his father who came up with the SA concept. JK actually was in a video they did for right way golf which I saw a long time ago and he obviously learned the concept from them.

I would have never tried, nor taught the swing had it not been for Moe Norman.

Ham

February 23rd, 2012, 8:59 pm #8

Thanks for the efforts that you have made to try and help people play better.I have been visiting this forum on and off for several years.There have been times when it has been really helpful.The forum also can degenerate into some very petty exchanges and I have been foolish enough to be drawn into some of them myself.I am always interested in new and different ways that people have devised to hit a golf ball.I can not understand why there are those who feel threatened by the exchange new ideas.In any event,I will continue to follow your work via other sites.I have experimented with your method and find that it has merit in my opinion.I have some questions ,but will save them for another venue because I do not want to violate the subject matter purity that suddenly seems to be a concern.The forum is not a democracy and the moderator does a lot of work and can do what he wants.There are positives to a benevolent dictatorship and there are negatives.We are all free to make the value judgement as to whether one outweighs the other.Trying to figure out whether banning MGS discussions is a positive or a negative is a function of the moderators goals.I am not up to the task of figuring those out.
My takeaway positions.........significantly improved
Top of backswing position.....significantly improved
Shot Trajectory...............significantly improved
Shot dispersion...............significanlty improved
Tendency to come down over the top.........significantly reduced
Distance......................virtually the same, only much more consistant
Side Spin......................significantly reduced
Distance control...............significantly improved

Yeah........you need to get rid of MGS now Peter.............

SA has NOT WORKED for me.......MGS Rules!!

February 23rd, 2012, 10:35 pm #9

you'll enjoy the MGS forum.

Peter

February 23rd, 2012, 10:40 pm #10

Regards, Herbert
that many who came to SA were inspired to do so by JK. I think for most Moe was the inspiration so it is proper to say that Moe inspired the movement. It may be a different case for who inspired the specific details of the technique(s) but even in JK's case the golfer diagrams in the patent were clearly drawn (almost traced) from pictures of Moe.

Peter