Un Hinged?

Un Hinged?

December 7th, 2009, 8:55 pm #1

When swinging my hinged club out in front of me horizontally it is easy to see that a very small movement of the core can produce very high clubhead speed with no arm movement. In other words the arms are held locked and the clubhead is whipped thru with body. I can really feel this movement in the stomach. I can also whip the clubhead thru with high speed using only the arms with a much larger movement.

To me this means that body powered swing advocates and arm powered swing advocates are both 'right'. LOL I think that for maximum power you might want to use both!

Regards, Herbert

December 7th, 2009, 9:39 pm #2

Your words not mine! Unhinged is right....THAT is precisely the problem Sherlock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYbD88m5RrE

Even if it is possible to generate the same speed....why would you want to introduce all that "slop" into your swing

I'll leave it those way more than I about the physics and the science which "way" produces the best swing etc....I know which way is "right".

December 7th, 2009, 9:57 pm #3

I am unhinged? Hmmmm, possibly! Probably??? On the other hand I am not out beating the crap out of my house with a 5 iron!

You might want to consider adding some narration to your video, it would make it easier for the great silent unhinged majority to understand what it is that you are demoing!

BTW there are some very good reasons to use an 'arm swing'! LOL, that is my attempt at a 'Peter' statement, what do you think?

Regards, Herbert

December 7th, 2009, 10:16 pm #4

No audio needed...the pics show that I can indeed make an arm swing, and indeed can make it the correct way, but sadly, as I demonstrate, I can swing em all kinds of ways - out to in, in to out, steep, shallow anyway you want. It is a very... ahem..flexible way of swinging..there is a lot of room for variety there. eyerollingemoticongoeshere. Not so with the LAG system.

Dem arms swinging independently...that's a swing unhinged fer sure Uncle Jed....or least a much more greater chance of it becoming unhinged...

Jethro wants repeatable...

And yeah...the aluminum siding has got to go....on the list for this summer.

December 8th, 2009, 2:56 am #5

You see Jethro the thing is that Uncle Jed can indeed bend from the hips and make a shoulder powered swing with great results. The problem is that Uncle Jed cannot do this for very long because his back does not like it. So Uncle Jed stands up tall and makes an arm swing which he can do all day an all night with no problem.

As for the point of your video I believe that it is true that a body powered swing tends to be more consistent. For one thing all of the best ball strikers used such. However I could make a video showing a nice over the top hack with a body swing. It would not be what you are teaching but on the other hand your demos of bad arm swings are not what anybody teaches either...

Regards, Herbert