Tire around waist

Tire around waist

October 23rd, 2008, 9:46 pm #1

Interesting that I am writing down everything I eat during the day, in order to get an idea of how I can lose weight in an orderly manner, in order to lower cholosterol.

Come to find out from my doctor that one of the main reasons older men lose strength (short drives), is because they let a tire grow around their waist, which has a peculiar effect of, dramatically, increasing the female hormone, estrogen.

Lately, I have noticed that I enjoy watching Oprah so I am not taking this estrogen issue lightly.

Lose the tire, gain the distance. Get rid of the loose wrist in your swing.

October 30th, 2008, 2:40 pm #2

well the LPGA players hit it further than I do and their estrogen level must be higher than mine. Also, they are much better looking than me.

Maybe its the combination?

October 30th, 2008, 3:08 pm #3

Boomerbob, if you keep that tire around your waist their (LPGA) testerone levels are, probably, higher also:).

I just got back from a medical examination (yearly), and I discussed this issue at some length with the doctor, and found out that this is true. The tire around your waist, dramatically, affects the balance of testosterone/estrogen balances in a man and affects strength and emotion. I am on a plan to get rid of my tire.

October 31st, 2008, 10:12 am #4

n/t

October 31st, 2008, 5:51 pm #5

Interesting that I am writing down everything I eat during the day, in order to get an idea of how I can lose weight in an orderly manner, in order to lower cholosterol.

Come to find out from my doctor that one of the main reasons older men lose strength (short drives), is because they let a tire grow around their waist, which has a peculiar effect of, dramatically, increasing the female hormone, estrogen.

Lately, I have noticed that I enjoy watching Oprah so I am not taking this estrogen issue lightly.

Babe Ruth, and how about all those Sumo wrestlers, I guess they all must be real fairies, right??

November 1st, 2008, 1:57 am #6

The Babe was an incredible athlete. He played his best when he was not fat. He spent a lot of time working out before his best seasons so I guess that proves that Remington and his doctor are correct. Anyway, I would think that the spare tire and the extra estrogen are both results of poor lifestyle (depending on how you define life style) as opposed to one causing the other.

Regards, Herbert

November 1st, 2008, 2:07 am #7

Remington,

A quick look on the web seems to indicate that it is the estrogen that causes the spare tire. I see some books etc. that claim to teach one how to reverse this process and lose the weight effortlessly.

Very interesting. I certainly don't know what the truth is but I thought I would bring up another side of the issue.

Regards, Herbert

November 1st, 2008, 11:55 am #8

Herbert: I am always amazed at stuff we don't know that, in my opinion, should be common knowledge.

Example: I live in northern MN. In the winter time the days are short and, sometimes, dark. People get what is called, "cabin fever". It's like malaise, and you get tired.

So a doctor recommended that I get one of these lights you look into for 20 minutes a day. These things have been around for years, and I never heard about them. I got the light, and it COMPLETELY eliminated tiredness...I am wired from morning till night. Such a simple thing. I have never felt so good.

It's like with diet. I can lose weight on a low carb diet, but don't have the discipline to stay on it. So I get with a dietician and she explains how to eat pretty much anything I want and lose about four pounds a month. I am eating 2600 calories a day and losing weight...who knew?

Herbert my golf game was so fabulous this summer that I have decided to try and lose some weight and do some strenth training and see if I can't get my distance up to 225 or 230 on the drive.

November 2nd, 2008, 1:40 am #9

Babe Ruth, and how about all those Sumo wrestlers, I guess they all must be real fairies, right??
Chaz, I think just because a 400 pound man likes to dress up in a diaper, and press the flesh with another 400 pound man in a diaper doesn't mean he is a fairy. Does it?

Due to high estrogen levels, sumo wrestlers have high pitched voices and sensitive skin. However, it is not a good idea to tease a sumo about these issues.

November 2nd, 2008, 6:11 pm #10

Herbert: I am always amazed at stuff we don't know that, in my opinion, should be common knowledge.

Example: I live in northern MN. In the winter time the days are short and, sometimes, dark. People get what is called, "cabin fever". It's like malaise, and you get tired.

So a doctor recommended that I get one of these lights you look into for 20 minutes a day. These things have been around for years, and I never heard about them. I got the light, and it COMPLETELY eliminated tiredness...I am wired from morning till night. Such a simple thing. I have never felt so good.

It's like with diet. I can lose weight on a low carb diet, but don't have the discipline to stay on it. So I get with a dietician and she explains how to eat pretty much anything I want and lose about four pounds a month. I am eating 2600 calories a day and losing weight...who knew?

Herbert my golf game was so fabulous this summer that I have decided to try and lose some weight and do some strenth training and see if I can't get my distance up to 225 or 230 on the drive.
Very interesting- can you tell me what brand of light you bought
and where? Does the light give you a more positive mood as well as
more energy? A lot of people suffer from the winter time blues.
JC