Thumb sprain

Thumb sprain

March 17th, 2009, 8:36 pm #1

Is there a doctor in the house? HAHA...Sprained my thumb when I slipped on ice a month ago and it's still sore. Heard that you should ice a sprain right after the injury but what do you do weeks after that to speed healing? Can't swing a club and I'm getting the itch.

March 27th, 2009, 9:37 pm #2

go to www.getprolo.com for info on the procedure and list of doctors in your area who do it.
Regards,
Steve

March 31st, 2009, 2:55 am #3

Thanks - do you have any personal experience with this treatment? I have golfers elbow also - might look into this.

April 2nd, 2009, 10:00 pm #4

This, actually, works. Also, avoid, "natural" foods, as you rob yourself of chemicals that reduce inflmation and heal pain.

April 6th, 2009, 9:10 pm #5

Thanks - do you have any personal experience with this treatment? I have golfers elbow also - might look into this.
Yes, I have been treated using prolotherapy for several years for various ailments. My first encounter was for golfer's elbow, and after two treatments , it has never reocurred. I also received treatment for a sore thumb last year, and, although the pain is not completely gone, it is not a factor while playing golf. It has also been very effective for both knees, which were seriously injured when I was younger and stupidly playing football instead of golf.

I have also had treatments for herniated and bulging discs in my lumbar and thoracic regions of my back, as well as in the SI joint. I can play golf regularly with injury respites only every now and then, but I would say, the results have been less conclusive for the back. But for the elbow and thumb, I would highly recommend you give it a shot.

Regards,
Steve

April 6th, 2009, 9:11 pm #6

n/t

April 7th, 2009, 6:06 am #7

This, actually, works. Also, avoid, "natural" foods, as you rob yourself of chemicals that reduce inflmation and heal pain.
No booze just pure water and organic fruit! You can be a fruitarian and live for many decades longer then you would otherwise.

http://www.fruitarian.com/

Herbert