This is what you must get

This is what you must get

December 4th, 2009, 5:58 am #1

Watch ....this clip Peter, please leave up awhile longer!

Then as much as you are able, set your arms and hands to imitate Hogan's in the clip. SA, CG, S & T, any - it don't make no never mind....works for all.

Then make a "backswing" of about 1/4 your normal BUT KEEP YOUR ARMS AND HANDS SET AS YOU DID PREVIOUSLY.

Now make your "swing" back to impact without CHANGING THE RELATION OF YOUR ARMS. It may take a bit of fiddling with your body to work out how to do this. Ah heck, just try to imitate the clip. Make sure your weight is on your lead leg before beginning the forward swing. SA, CG, S & T - it don't make no never mind....works for all.

Prepare to be W O W'D!

Wash rinse and repeat all winter long. Once you get good with 1/4 swings do a bunch 1/2 swing, then 3/4 swing, then full. Must set arms and keep set, use shoulders, imitate the clip.

This is "cliff's notes" for Bertholy and my book. Not the full monty, but gets you close.

December 4th, 2009, 2:26 pm #2

to the IMA impact backwards drills. With IMA, Scott wants you to set your whole body (upper and lower body) in the impact position, do the BS and then straighten your trail arm in the DS. I think that in this drill the emphasis is to NOT straighten the trail arm ... or I should say to TRY and not straighten the trail arm. Do you agree? Do you also want folks to set their lower body in the impact position to start, or doesn't this matter?

I ask because I posted awhile back about doing the impact backwards drills, focus on straightening the trail arm, and it completely undid several months of PB training. HOWEVER, several weeks ago I tried the impact backwards drills again, this time with the focus on maintaining the trail arm bend (the arm lock with a shoulder rotation) and I would just crush the ball, and it helped with my overall angle retention.

December 4th, 2009, 5:52 pm #3

Watch ....this clip Peter, please leave up awhile longer!

Then as much as you are able, set your arms and hands to imitate Hogan's in the clip. SA, CG, S & T, any - it don't make no never mind....works for all.

Then make a "backswing" of about 1/4 your normal BUT KEEP YOUR ARMS AND HANDS SET AS YOU DID PREVIOUSLY.

Now make your "swing" back to impact without CHANGING THE RELATION OF YOUR ARMS. It may take a bit of fiddling with your body to work out how to do this. Ah heck, just try to imitate the clip. Make sure your weight is on your lead leg before beginning the forward swing. SA, CG, S & T - it don't make no never mind....works for all.

Prepare to be W O W'D!

Wash rinse and repeat all winter long. Once you get good with 1/4 swings do a bunch 1/2 swing, then 3/4 swing, then full. Must set arms and keep set, use shoulders, imitate the clip.

This is "cliff's notes" for Bertholy and my book. Not the full monty, but gets you close.

is close to my 4.5 drill.

I'll 'refresh' the clip when it expires.

Peter

December 4th, 2009, 8:37 pm #4

I was gonna say that it was like your drill 2.5, but I couldn't remember for sure so I didn't post it...I really miss the search function in this forum.

I think this is an excellent "drill" for anybody, but especially feel players when you want to go to the range and hit balls. Amazing how far the ball flies with just the 1/4 swing....all without any direct engaging of the arms. I think this is Hogan's Secret...at least part of it!

I becoming more and more convinced that Bertholites and Blueprinters would do well to practice some of each of these all the way up to full swings in place of just a pure Rifle Barrel / Extension drill.

December 4th, 2009, 8:55 pm #5

The Network 54 search function was a bit klugy but it was nice to have it. Far more effective is to use Google Advanced Search and enter "http://www.network54.com/Forum/72052" (without the quotes) for 'Search within a site or domain. VERY effective. For this topic try searching on -"4.5" drill swing- (with the quotes but without the hyphens).

Peter

December 4th, 2009, 8:59 pm #6

to the IMA impact backwards drills. With IMA, Scott wants you to set your whole body (upper and lower body) in the impact position, do the BS and then straighten your trail arm in the DS. I think that in this drill the emphasis is to NOT straighten the trail arm ... or I should say to TRY and not straighten the trail arm. Do you agree? Do you also want folks to set their lower body in the impact position to start, or doesn't this matter?

I ask because I posted awhile back about doing the impact backwards drills, focus on straightening the trail arm, and it completely undid several months of PB training. HOWEVER, several weeks ago I tried the impact backwards drills again, this time with the focus on maintaining the trail arm bend (the arm lock with a shoulder rotation) and I would just crush the ball, and it helped with my overall angle retention.
to. You can start out in impact position or not. It may help you with your current focusing on rolling the trail foot....

If you do it from a normal stance and make a backswing the action of the lower body is just like the master/vital move.

The really awesome thing about this is it is so damn simple - it is so easy to see, so easy to execute....just gotta practice it enough times is all!

December 4th, 2009, 9:09 pm #7

I was gonna say that it was like your drill 2.5, but I couldn't remember for sure so I didn't post it...I really miss the search function in this forum.

I think this is an excellent "drill" for anybody, but especially feel players when you want to go to the range and hit balls. Amazing how far the ball flies with just the 1/4 swing....all without any direct engaging of the arms. I think this is Hogan's Secret...at least part of it!

I becoming more and more convinced that Bertholites and Blueprinters would do well to practice some of each of these all the way up to full swings in place of just a pure Rifle Barrel / Extension drill.
Looks like Peter's segment was keystone to 6/100's and Mac's was 6/100's past impact. Here they are together:

December 4th, 2009, 9:44 pm #8

You guys aren't seriously proposing that this is an IMA type of release, are you?

December 4th, 2009, 10:49 pm #9

Scott has emulated Hogan more than you think

A good indication of why caveat emptor should always be a consideration.

Peter

December 5th, 2009, 1:30 am #10

is close to my 4.5 drill.

I'll 'refresh' the clip when it expires.

Peter
Peter, do you have more of this "down the line" Hogan video clip? I read your 4.5 drill and it looks like the clip goes back to 2003.
Is there more of the clip that shows Hogan's downswing and the dropping of the elbow from the top to this position at the hip?