"The Real Moe Norman'

"The Real Moe Norman'

November 23rd, 2010, 9:29 pm #1

The book arrived today. No chance to read it yet but just looking through the the book the sequence photos of Moe's swing are not one's I've seen before. The book says they were produced from 8mm film that one of the authors had from 1981. At this time Moe's top of swing had the club horizontal or a bit past.

About 1/3 of the book relates the author's experience with Moe and the remainder is analysis of Moe's swing.

Looks interesting.

Peter

November 23rd, 2010, 10:21 pm #2

I am wonderimng if you checked your ball speed on a monitor? I suspect that yout timing and tempo will need to be re-learned if your speed is that much higher when you actually strike balls.

Long time ago when I took some playing lessons from an old school instructor, at the range he told me there are 3 swings other than putting. 1-Practice swing speed 2- playing speed swing, and the 3-crush it swing speed. I can only guess that your training at the crush it swing speed swing to increase your playing swing speed.

Good info though keep up the great testing.

November 24th, 2010, 8:47 pm #3

you wanted this post in a different position.

Peter

November 25th, 2010, 4:34 am #4

The book arrived today. No chance to read it yet but just looking through the the book the sequence photos of Moe's swing are not one's I've seen before. The book says they were produced from 8mm film that one of the authors had from 1981. At this time Moe's top of swing had the club horizontal or a bit past.

About 1/3 of the book relates the author's experience with Moe and the remainder is analysis of Moe's swing.

Looks interesting.

Peter
Have you finished it yet?

November 27th, 2010, 5:19 pm #5

Thanksgiving intervention.

Peter