The Real Moe Norman

The Real Moe Norman

November 13th, 2010, 5:42 am #1

The book is finally out !!!!

www.therealmoenorman.com

November 13th, 2010, 4:58 pm #2

The "real" Moe, just what we have all been waiting for. LOL

Next thing you know there will be a new golf school teaching Moe's real swing.

Ham

November 13th, 2010, 6:13 pm #3

www.therealmoenorman.com

The lost secrets of golf and life.

Come and learn the swing secret that Moe shared only with Lawson Mitchell and Greg Lavern!

http://www.therealmoenorman.com/

The book looks interesting aside from the hype. The 'preview' that is available does not actually seem to include much of the content of the book which is unfortunate. At any rate I am way to cheap to shell out 30 bucks for a book so I will wait a few years to read it.

The pictures might make it worthwhile for some Moe fans. I suspect that Remington might go for it???

Regards, Herbert

November 13th, 2010, 6:18 pm #4

The "real" Moe, just what we have all been waiting for. LOL

Next thing you know there will be a new golf school teaching Moe's real swing.

Ham
It seems that two of the authors are teaching pros already!

There are a lot of folks out there who have the secret though there are many more who know Hogan's secret... At any rate it looks like they present Moe in a favorable light which is good. It might be a good read, hopefully someone here will read it and give us a review!

Regards, Herbert

November 14th, 2010, 5:28 am #5

The lost secrets of golf and life.

Come and learn the swing secret that Moe shared only with Lawson Mitchell and Greg Lavern!

http://www.therealmoenorman.com/

The book looks interesting aside from the hype. The 'preview' that is available does not actually seem to include much of the content of the book which is unfortunate. At any rate I am way to cheap to shell out 30 bucks for a book so I will wait a few years to read it.

The pictures might make it worthwhile for some Moe fans. I suspect that Remington might go for it???

Regards, Herbert
I was going to order the book, I didn't see any Pal Pal on their web site. All I saw was LuLu, never heard of it.

Igit

November 14th, 2010, 1:00 pm #6

www.therealmoenorman.com

Well he looks very good in a swing comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8oIX8v8 ... re=related

November 14th, 2010, 1:06 pm #7

The Moe wannabe has the clubface about 40 degrees closed compared to Moe at the top of the backswing. Most certainly in the downswing then as well although the video quality makes it hard to tell. This indicates that he does not understand Moe's swing, or was unable to implement the proper club mechanics of Moe's swing.

Ham

November 14th, 2010, 2:00 pm #8

www.therealmoenorman.com

Check out this 1963 radio interview with stills from his 1959 swing. TOS swing wrist is cupped...very little slantidicular....check out pre-impact though:

That bent lead leg has been with Moe for a long time eh?

3:12 mark "Palm and finger grip on the left hand...finger grip on the right hand...." Good example, along comes JK and NG years later saying Moe used 10 finger. For the LTOBG book, "little Moe" taught this grip as the one Moe used. Then he leaves NG and teaches an overlap grip. So what! LOL Moe could have used a cross handed grip and hit it straight! So what!

People have tried to box Moe into this or that and claim to know "the secret" to his swing, having "sat at the feet of the Master" etc....so what? Did the same thing with Hogan....We still can learn lots from him....Moe has said several times he thinks no one should copy his swing...those who understand GOLF knows what he meant by that statement and why he said it. That shouldn't stop us from learning from him.

The real genius of the Moe's and the Hogan's lies not in their swing, but in their mind and hearts and attitude. I know a gentleman who has several legal pads full of handwritten notes Moe made on his thoughts on golf - his comment was that as good as Moe was with his swing...he was even better with his mind and mental approach - genius was the word he used. If you "read between the lines" and "hear" what Moe says you can begin to understand him in a context that transcends "golf swing". Moe was a PLAYER.

At any rate, anything about Moe is awesome and I am looking forward to reading it.

Kevin

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

November 15th, 2010, 5:31 pm #9

I was going to order the book, I didn't see any Pal Pal on their web site. All I saw was LuLu, never heard of it.

Igit
Lulu seems to be an Amazon type of service for independent authors:

Lulu is your source for great books and other content by independent authors. From fiction, non-fiction, textbooks, comics, photo books and more,

There was a note when I ordered about some time to produce the book before it shipped but the number of days was blank so I don't know if that means immediately or they don't know. It did say I'd get an email when the book shipped.

Peter

November 16th, 2010, 11:20 am #10

Several companies like this....you submit you copy to them in their format...you get a price per copy...they take care of fulfillment.

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!