The only

The only

January 27th, 2011, 8:04 pm #1

The only white guy in the tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hogansquest ... enB9hwSErE

January 27th, 2011, 11:32 pm #2

how NG (and now Graves) have reconciled Moe's statements - which he made frequently and often - that nobody should try to swing like him - everybody needs to find their own swing. I wonder what Moe would say to these folks as they try to teach their myriads of customers to "swing like Moe".

What do you think Moe would have said?

Kevin

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

January 28th, 2011, 12:26 am #3

I'm the only guy that can swing this way.

January 28th, 2011, 12:16 pm #4

The only white guy in the tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hogansquest ... enB9hwSErE
A home video of a clinic Moe gave. Looks like this is pre Natural Golf, ( no logo ), and small headed woods. Three parts. Overlapping grip too...

In the first one he says "I just hit it with my knees..." and "Worst thing in golf is players get taller..."

In the driver segment hitting driver says "Here's 310 yards ...." Interesting in light of that last monster thread. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/user/super2suite ... EDzhLgYeQA

Kevin

Last edited by mcirishman57 on January 28th, 2011, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 28th, 2011, 4:06 pm #5

Thank you !!! It is terrific. It is amazing how simple Moe makes the game look and sound. To me it is always a struggle, but enjoyable as well!

January 28th, 2011, 4:48 pm #6

A home video of a clinic Moe gave. Looks like this is pre Natural Golf, ( no logo ), and small headed woods. Three parts. Overlapping grip too...

In the first one he says "I just hit it with my knees..." and "Worst thing in golf is players get taller..."

In the driver segment hitting driver says "Here's 310 yards ...." Interesting in light of that last monster thread. Enjoy

Kevin

not too long ago. Nice video.

Moe could definitely rip in when he wanted to. About every clinic where I saw Moe hit he showed off his long drive swing. Usually at the end of the clinic with a few balls just to prove that he could hit it far.

Ham

January 29th, 2011, 5:24 pm #7

Kevin

Interesting that Moe called out the distance before he hit the ball. He also mentioned that the 310 yard driver gave him 20 yards more than his other driver implying 290 with that one. The video also mentions that this was 'a few years' before Moe passed away in 2004.

Here is a report of Moe's measured club head speed at impact at age 70 (5 years before he passed away) and it doesn't seem to correlate to 310 yards or even 290. It does correlate exactly with many other reports over the years of Moe's distance which makes sense in that he might have been able to use technology to compensate for loss of distance with age.

Peter

January 29th, 2011, 7:58 pm #8

Was most interesting because it was "non developer" shot wikth no agenda, and it seemed to me more genuine and from the heart. Some of things he said fly directly in the face of what others have said about him and his swing.

The distance thing was just interesting because of the recent discussion. I have no doubt that if Moe wanted to hit it long, he could have.

Kevin

January 29th, 2011, 8:03 pm #9

try to though. Listen to Moe a a lot and you start to get a sense of what REALLY made him great - his mind, heart, and attitude.

Kevin

January 29th, 2011, 8:13 pm #10

Was most interesting because it was "non developer" shot wikth no agenda, and it seemed to me more genuine and from the heart. Some of things he said fly directly in the face of what others have said about him and his swing.

The distance thing was just interesting because of the recent discussion. I have no doubt that if Moe wanted to hit it long, he could have.

Kevin

As I mentioned and had posted some time ago I have video of Moe being interviewed and he was asked why he was not playing in a nearby senior event that week. His answer was that the course was too long and he had to hit too many fairway woods to greens and did not want to change his swing to hit the ball further. This was during a time when good drivers on the PGA tour were averaging about 270-280. His demonstration of how he would have to change his swing had his hands going 'out of bounds' which was a point he was very specific about in this demonstration (and others). If he was really able to hit the ball consistently 290 with his 'old' technology driver at age 70+ while keeping his hands 'in bounds' I doubt the 270-280 would have required his hands to go 'out of bounds' at the time of the interview.

Peter