The Move Of McIrishman57

The Move Of McIrishman57

February 3rd, 2009, 12:39 am #1

My club head speed was so fast It didn't capture impact...right...actually these were shot using the cam feature on my girlfriend's camera....to slow a shutter speed I guess. I tried like twenty times to capture impact, and just couldn't. FWIW:

First The Master Move:

Then To the Finish:

A bit of a forward slide, but not much for the first outdoor swing of the year. I really like that little move from the 2nd to 3rd picture. Notice the increase in the angle even though I have already started the move to the front side with my lead leg. I like that "sam Snead Bow legged look". Didn't realize my lead arm bent so much...musta been wanting to kill that snowball!

Here's some fella's to compare to:

February 3rd, 2009, 12:50 am #2

Great looking swing. I don't see the lead arm bend you're talking about but I suppose that everybody has at least a little. You look like you have a lot of flexibility, tons more than I have. But you also look quite a bit younger than I am, lol. Anyway, thanks for sharing the sequence. Wish it were mine.
Jerry

February 3rd, 2009, 7:41 am #3

My club head speed was so fast It didn't capture impact...right...actually these were shot using the cam feature on my girlfriend's camera....to slow a shutter speed I guess. I tried like twenty times to capture impact, and just couldn't. FWIW:

First The Master Move:

Then To the Finish:

A bit of a forward slide, but not much for the first outdoor swing of the year. I really like that little move from the 2nd to 3rd picture. Notice the increase in the angle even though I have already started the move to the front side with my lead leg. I like that "sam Snead Bow legged look". Didn't realize my lead arm bent so much...musta been wanting to kill that snowball!

Here's some fella's to compare to:

Nice swing!

What is that white stuff all around your house?

Regards, Herbert

February 3rd, 2009, 1:08 pm #4

Now you've done it. It's alright to disagree, poke fun at each other, and generally rant away on most any topic ...but to have my face rubbed in it by someone who thinks it's cold when it gets to 60 degrees, well them's fighting words!

You know damn well what the stuff is and I don't appreciate your sarcasm...

What? Are you mad cause you only could get 18 in Sunday....I feel so sorry for you!

That lil *#@&*!*^% ground hog was no help either - saying we have 6 more weeks of this crap.

February 3rd, 2009, 1:57 pm #5

MC what grip (Bertholy,IMA,Vardon etc,etc..)are you using?

February 3rd, 2009, 5:34 pm #6

Now you've done it. It's alright to disagree, poke fun at each other, and generally rant away on most any topic ...but to have my face rubbed in it by someone who thinks it's cold when it gets to 60 degrees, well them's fighting words!

You know damn well what the stuff is and I don't appreciate your sarcasm...

What? Are you mad cause you only could get 18 in Sunday....I feel so sorry for you!

That lil *#@&*!*^% ground hog was no help either - saying we have 6 more weeks of this crap.
Sunday was really nice, played Rancho Canada East in Montery using golf now. Cost $23 with cart. Tee'd off and played as a twosome with no one behind us and a few waits for the couple in front of us. We played in about 3.5 hours just taking our time and enjoying the shirt sleeve weather.

Trust me with all the crap going on in my life right now I needed a day like that one!

Also, 60 degrees is pretty warm! Heck, I often have to scrap the ice off of my windshield in the morning.

Anyway I hope that it might bring you some comfort to know that a storm is coming in tomorrow and we should be getting some rain. It is supposed to clear this weekend though...

Regards, Herbert

February 3rd, 2009, 8:04 pm #7

grip as described in the well known info presented here years ago by Peter when the video section was still up. I do use "long thumb" meaning my thumb is fully extended down the length of he grip. For the trail hand I use a double overlap. I just line up the shaft with my trail forearm ala old style NG and then slide my hand up over the lead hand so that it's nice and comfy. I use this grip for all my shots except putting.

Sometimes just screwing around, I will try all the different grips, as sort of a mental exercise to remind me that the grip is style. Sometimes when I'm feeling froggy, I will even use a CG two axis set up ( grip handle points to zipper )...can still hit the ball pretty well as long as I get the shaft pointing to the target line halfway down....love the SA set up though.

Found an old analog vcr with a sports mode, gonna give that thing a whirl one things warm up - I'd like everyone to take a look at my swing. There are a couple things I have a hunch about and would like some feedback from the ever vigilant eyes of the SA forum!

February 3rd, 2009, 9:09 pm #8

FWIW

Lead hand:

Trail hand placement, Completed grip

Face View of Completed grip Setting Keystone :

February 3rd, 2009, 10:30 pm #9

I like the look of that grip. The major hurdle I couldn't get around using Scott's teaching on the IMA videos was his lead hand grip. Your grip looks much more usable to me.
Jerry

February 3rd, 2009, 11:39 pm #10

could perhaps comment on the differences between the lead hand grip I use and that of IMA per the video..

I always thought I was pretty close but perhaps it has evolved over the years....I believe the grip runs along the line described by peter in the "yellow rod" pics he used to have posted.

This grip feels very "melded" and I really the feeling of the hands just sorta functioning like a single unit that works together...what all the swing guru's say a "good grip" should do...