SS 1 Hour Golf Swing

SS 1 Hour Golf Swing

August 7th, 2011, 8:44 pm #1

I got around to reading the 1 Hour Golf Swing e-book I bought on special from Joe Davidson a few weeks ago. I'm thinking of giving it to our family friend, the 22 y.o. new golfer with the vicious over the top swing.

Someone here asked a few weeks ago about this swing. Briefly, in very general terms:

Setup in impact position
Front foot square, rear foot angled 45 degrees
Everything else square
Bent front knee
Straight rear leg
Upper arms tight to body
SA arms, with a lot of club shaft forward lean
Strong grip (almost like HSS, IIRC)

Keep rear leg straight throughout swing
Brace/post against the inside of the rear leg/foot
Keep front knee bent quite a bit
Swing by turning your core
Front arm stays connected to chest
Rear arm re-connects during downswing

Find your ball position
An alternate grip (not included in the e-book) is available for hookers

It has a lot of restriction built into it. As I read it, the whole point is to make it impossible to swing over the top. I tried it briefly and if done right it would sure seem to do that. It's been several years since I briefly tried HSS, and this brings back memories of HSS. Since the author urges the reader to call him for help, I would think this might be a nice product for those who want an HSS style swing.

How it differs from SS, I don't have any idea. I took a ten dollar flyer on it in case it might help a couple of new golfers I know.

gsw

August 7th, 2011, 10:11 pm #2

The 1hour swing works very well if done right. Joe Davison also sells a grip called The Straight Lock Grip. If a golfer combines the 1Hour Swing with The Straight Lock Grip he can hit very good shots. One thing about all the swings that Joe sells/teaches is that they work best for golfers like me who cant seem to learn how to release the club the way it should be released. A swing like the IMA swing is in my opinion a much better way to deliver the club to the ball for most golfers. But for golfers who tend to hit blocks The 1hour Swing and Straight Lock Grip is a very good option.

Stan

August 8th, 2011, 12:57 am #3

Stan, please correct or improve on what I wrote, if it would help. I don't have the technical skills to talk golf swing very well.

August 8th, 2011, 1:21 am #4

I got around to reading the 1 Hour Golf Swing e-book I bought on special from Joe Davidson a few weeks ago. I'm thinking of giving it to our family friend, the 22 y.o. new golfer with the vicious over the top swing.

Someone here asked a few weeks ago about this swing. Briefly, in very general terms:

Setup in impact position
Front foot square, rear foot angled 45 degrees
Everything else square
Bent front knee
Straight rear leg
Upper arms tight to body
SA arms, with a lot of club shaft forward lean
Strong grip (almost like HSS, IIRC)

Keep rear leg straight throughout swing
Brace/post against the inside of the rear leg/foot
Keep front knee bent quite a bit
Swing by turning your core
Front arm stays connected to chest
Rear arm re-connects during downswing

Find your ball position
An alternate grip (not included in the e-book) is available for hookers

It has a lot of restriction built into it. As I read it, the whole point is to make it impossible to swing over the top. I tried it briefly and if done right it would sure seem to do that. It's been several years since I briefly tried HSS, and this brings back memories of HSS. Since the author urges the reader to call him for help, I would think this might be a nice product for those who want an HSS style swing.

How it differs from SS, I don't have any idea. I took a ten dollar flyer on it in case it might help a couple of new golfers I know.
Imho send him to Sally or some other pro. I would based on my experience stay away from the SS stuff...

Regards, Herbert

August 16th, 2011, 9:26 pm #5

This swing has elements of SA and Stack & Tilt. You do not have to use a HSS or even the Symple Swing grip to have this swing work. It eliminates weight shift and dealing with hips. Helps with over the top move also, as somebody previously stated. I was chastised for mentioning it a few weeks ago but Joe Davidson is a stand up guy and this is an easy swing to repeat. IMHO worth giving a try.