something happened!!!!! long post.

something happened!!!!! long post.

July 19th, 2009, 12:10 am #1

Ok,
So todays I go to my driving range, I havent been here for awhile, no money, and mostly I have been hitting into my net, so the guy gives me a bucket of balls(free)cool deal, I set up at a station with a mat, stretch and warm up like I usually do, I take out my ptching wedge and I aim at the 100yd flag, cause thats how far it usually goes, usually pretty high, ok it flies over the flag and not just by a little, ok so I think lucky swing so I aim againg and it goes over the flag again and this time a little farther, ok now Im getting confused here, so I aim for the 130 ys flag and it flies over that one too, so now Im really confused and im talking to myself,so after a few more swing with the pitching wedge, wich are flying over the 130yd flag, I put the pitching wedge back in the bag and take out my 9 iron. Now the 9 iron is the one I would use for the 130yd flag, so now I dont know where to aim cause the 9 iron is my 130yd club and the next flag is 150 yds, so I aim at the 150yd flag and it almost makes it there!!!!, oook now I am really confused cause my 5 iron is my 150yd club and now Im almost making it there with my 9 iron!!!, so I step away from the mat and go to the range office and ask the guy if they have new golf balls or if they changed them and the guy looks at me and funny and say's no and asks why, so I tell what just happenned, he tells me dont fight it its a good thing. So know I go back to my station and take out my 5 iron and I aim at the 160 yd flag and the ball it flies farther than the 160yds, ok I swing again and it flies farther than 160yds. Ok so I aim at the 175yd flag and the ball flies a little farther than the 175 yd flag. The sound of the iron hitting the golf ball is crisp and louder than before, there is no sound like the sound of a well struck ball with an iron, now I was hitting the ball crisply before too but not as loud and now the ball flies farther than before. All I can say is Bertholy works, for the short period of time that I have been doing the exercises this is great. Now when I left the range a little negative thought crept into my head and it said this "maybe you were just lucky today next time it wont be the same" and I said to myself, maybe maybe not, cause Bertholy has given me something that cannot be taken away, unless I stop doing my exercises, then for sure I will go back to what I had before and I dont want that, I really like this swing and the best part about it is that it is mostly my old swing fortified with BERTHOLY!!!.

Art

July 19th, 2009, 9:14 pm #2

Your new iron distances are pretty much what they should be when the club is at the correct effective loft at impact (e.g. hands are ahead of the ball). As long as you make contact with your hands in that position you should have those distances.

Peter

July 19th, 2009, 9:55 pm #3

That means that before, Bertholy, I was adding loft to my clubds and thats why my distances were so short!! Man what a game Here I thought I was striking the golf ball well and I was but I was adding loft to all of my clubs and if that is the case then I can also reduce loft correct? but how? and is there more than one way?

Art

July 19th, 2009, 10:58 pm #4

Clubs are designed to come into impact with a specific orientation. When you arrive at impact with that orientation the club is then at it's specified loft. That orientation has your hands ahead of the clubhead. If your hands are further ahead of the ball than the design orientation then the loft is less. This is why it's advised that you move the ball back a little to hit a lower shot. If your hands are further back from the ball than the design orientation then the loft is greater.

When I had my first lesson with Scott I noticed that my 7-iron had a higher trajectory than his PW. When I first learned to get my hands into a proper impact position my iron distances went up 15 yards per club. My 7-iron which had forever been 150 yards with a max swing was suddenly 165 yards with an easy swing (and closer to the trajectory I saw with Scott). I always note my trajectory and if it is high then I know I did not get my hands ahead and even if the shot was otherwise OK it's an indication that bad things are likely to happen soon if I don't fix it.

Playing partners are sometimes suprised when I'm VERY unhappy with a shot that may have looked fine to them. I think that a lot of ams have problems getting the ball into the air and so a high shot looks good. I did have a partner once from the UK who noted on one of my high/bad shots that the ball went high enough to collect snow He knew it was not a 'good' shot though he did not know me and did not say anything else.

Peter

Erv

July 20th, 2009, 4:26 pm #5

Ok,
So todays I go to my driving range, I havent been here for awhile, no money, and mostly I have been hitting into my net, so the guy gives me a bucket of balls(free)cool deal, I set up at a station with a mat, stretch and warm up like I usually do, I take out my ptching wedge and I aim at the 100yd flag, cause thats how far it usually goes, usually pretty high, ok it flies over the flag and not just by a little, ok so I think lucky swing so I aim againg and it goes over the flag again and this time a little farther, ok now Im getting confused here, so I aim for the 130 ys flag and it flies over that one too, so now Im really confused and im talking to myself,so after a few more swing with the pitching wedge, wich are flying over the 130yd flag, I put the pitching wedge back in the bag and take out my 9 iron. Now the 9 iron is the one I would use for the 130yd flag, so now I dont know where to aim cause the 9 iron is my 130yd club and the next flag is 150 yds, so I aim at the 150yd flag and it almost makes it there!!!!, oook now I am really confused cause my 5 iron is my 150yd club and now Im almost making it there with my 9 iron!!!, so I step away from the mat and go to the range office and ask the guy if they have new golf balls or if they changed them and the guy looks at me and funny and say's no and asks why, so I tell what just happenned, he tells me dont fight it its a good thing. So know I go back to my station and take out my 5 iron and I aim at the 160 yd flag and the ball it flies farther than the 160yds, ok I swing again and it flies farther than 160yds. Ok so I aim at the 175yd flag and the ball flies a little farther than the 175 yd flag. The sound of the iron hitting the golf ball is crisp and louder than before, there is no sound like the sound of a well struck ball with an iron, now I was hitting the ball crisply before too but not as loud and now the ball flies farther than before. All I can say is Bertholy works, for the short period of time that I have been doing the exercises this is great. Now when I left the range a little negative thought crept into my head and it said this "maybe you were just lucky today next time it wont be the same" and I said to myself, maybe maybe not, cause Bertholy has given me something that cannot be taken away, unless I stop doing my exercises, then for sure I will go back to what I had before and I dont want that, I really like this swing and the best part about it is that it is mostly my old swing fortified with BERTHOLY!!!.

Art
Art,

How long have you been working on Bertholy ? Sounds like something I may need to try. I've been thinking about it for a couple of months just have not taken the jump yet. Did you order the book ?

July 20th, 2009, 5:07 pm #6

You got my attention as well. Where can I find a good explanation of the drills without buying the book.

July 20th, 2009, 6:53 pm #7

what is $30 for a book that will change your swing forever? I mean, really, that's the cost of a round of golf fro Pete's sake?

July 20th, 2009, 7:25 pm #8

I have spent hundreds of dollars with similar promises: Nautural Golf, Graves, IMA, LPG, Stack and Tilt......

What makes this better?

July 20th, 2009, 7:52 pm #9

Art,

How long have you been working on Bertholy ? Sounds like something I may need to try. I've been thinking about it for a couple of months just have not taken the jump yet. Did you order the book ?
About 2 to 3 months ago and have been doing the positions/exercises per the book. I also made my own swing pipe, all in all the system is very flexible, I didnt change my grip which is a 10 finger grip. From my experience the more I put into it the more I get out of it.

Art

July 20th, 2009, 7:55 pm #10

You got my attention as well. Where can I find a good explanation of the drills without buying the book.
For 30 bucks a swing change, or I should really say a dramatic swing change is possible, all that is required is commitment, commitment and a little more commitment.

Art