Some Bertholy Fundamentals Illustrated

Some Bertholy Fundamentals Illustrated

March 1st, 2009, 7:08 pm #1

1) First move of the downswing is a movement of the lead knee towards the target:

2) The 'Master Move' is the most critical movement in the swing and is the vertical drop of 'Keystone'. This is the first move of the arms in the downswing:

3) The trail arm shold be kept 'bent like a dog's hind leg' at elbow and wrist. No effort is made to straighten it:

Peter

March 2nd, 2009, 2:20 am #2

mistaken about what Bertholy was --and admit it -- it is the same tired retoric that no "regular" person can seem to perform --- start body first --vertical drop --dog leg (hands ahead at impact ) gee ive never heard those instructions before--- I thought I came to a single axis site to get away from that.

March 2nd, 2009, 3:45 pm #3

mistaken about what Bertholy is. Regardless of your stated opinion in your post there are also factual errors.

As to no one being able to do these things it is true that 90+% of amateur golfers don't based on video I've examined. That does not mean that its not possible, only that they have not learned to do them for whatever reason.

'Rehtoric' ignores the fact that Bertholy tells you HOW to do these things and provides specific exercises to train your body to do them so there is substantially more than 'rhetoric'.

'Dog's hind leg' does not refer to getting the hands ahead of the ball.

If you came to a SA site to get away from that then you need to find a SA style that does not have Moe as a model because he did all of them.

Peter
Last edited by sagf_moderator on March 2nd, 2009, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 2nd, 2009, 7:00 pm #4

to Moe why not refer to your own ballstriking --
I ask again which part are you not getting that prevents you striking the ball as good as Moe.(within reason) I am not trying to train Moe I am trying to train me. If you attain these positions why doesnt your "dumb ball" go straight every time like Moes
on another point , if Moe was hitting Practically every fairway and green , how did Bertholy "improve him"
it is certainly not stressed in the book about him.

March 2nd, 2009, 7:22 pm #5

That is why there was a reference to Moe.

As to how Bertholy might have improved him, I have already noted that the most successful part of Moe's professional career was after he met Bertholy. If you have statistics that suggest otherwise feel free to post them.

As to why others might not strike the ball as well as he does you can start with the fact that no one here has the single mindedness of purpose to devote their entire life (and nearly all their time every day) to better ball striking as Moe did.

Given the clearly circular nature of these discussions and the repeated answering of the same questions with the same answers I think this discussion has come to an end pending something different.

Peter

March 2nd, 2009, 7:44 pm #6

for something completely different!

NOBODY EXPECTS A SPANISH INQUISTION! Bring forth the comfy chair!

Herbert

March 2nd, 2009, 7:51 pm #7

:-) :-) :-) :-) (n/t)
Last edited by sagf_moderator on March 2nd, 2009, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 2nd, 2009, 8:59 pm #8

That is why there was a reference to Moe.

As to how Bertholy might have improved him, I have already noted that the most successful part of Moe's professional career was after he met Bertholy. If you have statistics that suggest otherwise feel free to post them.

As to why others might not strike the ball as well as he does you can start with the fact that no one here has the single mindedness of purpose to devote their entire life (and nearly all their time every day) to better ball striking as Moe did.

Given the clearly circular nature of these discussions and the repeated answering of the same questions with the same answers I think this discussion has come to an end pending something different.

Peter
did ask for specific information --- what part cant you do -being as you tout this as superior - you simply wont answer It is not condemnation it is a simple question -- you seem to have dedicated a huge amount of thought and effort for what seems to me average results - pointing to Moe as practicing all day for years and then saying Bertholy made him what he was is silly. this could end quickly if you would just tell me what part is too hard for an average person. In two years I cant get an answer
You obviously keep refering to this system but I dont see where anyone "here" has had any earthshattering results with it --
An explanation of how someone that never missed a fairway or green can improve would be in order , also ---seems his time would have been better spent on his putting

March 2nd, 2009, 9:14 pm #9

:-) :-) :-) :-) (n/t)
whether you post this or not -- I will end the endless discusion and limit my comments in the future to something more constructive
thanks

March 2nd, 2009, 9:56 pm #10

1) First move of the downswing is a movement of the lead knee towards the target:

2) The 'Master Move' is the most critical movement in the swing and is the vertical drop of 'Keystone'. This is the first move of the arms in the downswing:

3) The trail arm shold be kept 'bent like a dog's hind leg' at elbow and wrist. No effort is made to straighten it:

Peter
the movement of the lead knee toward the target-
does that make the second move happen if you don't
interfere with it?

seems to be more lower body movement in the second clip
than the first so i assume that the arm drop is started
while the lead knee is still making
it's move.

The third clip- it looks like Jim's trail forearm
and elbow and perhaps his hands are touching his
body as he swings.

Should a golfer feel this rubbing as they swing down?

JC