Scott's clubs

Scott's clubs

June 16th, 2012, 2:34 pm #1

Has anyone used Scott Hazeldine's clubs? What was your assessment of them?

June 17th, 2012, 2:08 am #2

I use Golfsmith forged blades but I have 2 sets of Scott's IMA clubs. The IMA clubs hit the ball about 5-10 yards further than my blades and are not only my favorite non-blade (and I've tried quite a few) but would be my choice ahead of my Mizuno MP29s. I use the Golfsmith blades because they feel 'softer' through impact than the IMA clubs (also softer than the MP29s).

Peter

June 17th, 2012, 3:28 pm #3

Has anyone used Scott Hazeldine's clubs? What was your assessment of them?
the ima clubs because you could easily change the weight in the clubhead to whatever you like. Unfortunately I switched to the NG cavity backs after becoming affiliated with them, and then shortly thereafter switched to the next set which was also not so hot, to finally end up with the Moe Norman blades which I liked quite a bit. Now I have the Mizuno MP68 black nickle blades which I love. My dream blades though are from Miura as I think they are the best made blades in the world.http://www.miuragolf.com/

Maybe someday.

Ham

June 18th, 2012, 12:46 am #4

How do the Miura's feel compared to others? Also were you talking about the Tournament Blades or the limited edition Black Blades?

Peter

June 18th, 2012, 11:55 am #5

I just hit some with their wedges a couple of years ago, and the feel was really soft. Softer then anything I have ever used.

I would love the black blades, but probably the feel and performance on both are close to the same. I think that their forging process is second to none.

A rumor I have heard is that many of the tour players signed for other companies actually use Miura with the sponsoring company's name stamped on, but I cannot verify that.

The mizuno blades with none of the perimeter weighting feel the most solid to me. For some reason the blades with the extra stuff on the back feel clunky, and strange to me. I have tried quite a few different blades with my specs and my MP68s feel the best. Previously I played the MP33s and they were also super.

June 19th, 2012, 12:40 am #6

I like blades that have that soft feel.

Darn!! - I just checked ebay and there is a set at $700 but I just spent a lot on a graduation present for my daughter and suits for my son's summer internship. Maybe I'll just get the 5-iron I see to try one out.

Peter

June 19th, 2012, 12:47 am #7

I just hit some with their wedges a couple of years ago, and the feel was really soft. Softer then anything I have ever used.

I would love the black blades, but probably the feel and performance on both are close to the same. I think that their forging process is second to none.

A rumor I have heard is that many of the tour players signed for other companies actually use Miura with the sponsoring company's name stamped on, but I cannot verify that.

The mizuno blades with none of the perimeter weighting feel the most solid to me. For some reason the blades with the extra stuff on the back feel clunky, and strange to me. I have tried quite a few different blades with my specs and my MP68s feel the best. Previously I played the MP33s and they were also super.
Looking at ebay it seems that Taylor Made's 'Tour Issue' irons are forged by Miura.

Peter

June 20th, 2012, 7:58 am #8

Darn!! - I just checked ebay and there is a set at $700 but I just spent a lot on a graduation present for my daughter and suits for my son's summer internship. Maybe I'll just get the 5-iron I see to try one out.

Peter
Especially if the shaft fits you.

Also a good idea to get one club first, then you can fill out the set later when you fall in love with the club. LOL

Ham

June 20th, 2012, 7:59 am #9

Looking at ebay it seems that Taylor Made's 'Tour Issue' irons are forged by Miura.

Peter
Probably more expensive then Miura.

June 27th, 2012, 11:14 am #10

Peter
enjoy soft forged clubs go to my site under tidbits and read about Traditional Golf. They made a set for me with a custom grind I gave them from a handrawn picture. The clubs are forged and finished in Japan. They kicked out my MP 14's and now first string. I put a link to their site because of how impressed I was. They didn't cash my check until after I received the clubs to make sure I was satisfied. By the way I do not get compensated if anyone links to their site from mine. www.traditionalgolf.com