Right Elbow Position.......Allen???......Mac????

Right Elbow Position.......Allen???......Mac????

January 15th, 2010, 6:25 pm #1

As I work my way to the top of the backswing, prior to The Master Move, my right elbow is much lower than my left arm. Allen's graphic of Dec, 16, 2009 contained in IMPOTANCE OF THE MASTER MOVE, shows his right elbow LEVEL with the right arm at the top, which for him is a change from prevoiusly being higher than the left. Most pros appear to be pretty level also.....My right elbow is well BELOW the left arm [and it appears Mac intentioally keeps his that way] and I want to know if this is a problem?? I don't believe it would even be possible for me to get to the position Allen used to be prior to Bertholy & Blueprint.

Some proponents of the game outside this forum tell me my 'triangle at the top' should be level, but my right elbow always looks extrememly LOW in the mirror..........problem????? or will I be able to smash it like Mac next spring???

January 16th, 2010, 1:52 pm #2

you are making a full shoulder turn then your trail elbow position at top of BS is of little importance. What is important is that you are consistently able to get the trail elbow back to the navel at 6/100.

January 16th, 2010, 4:29 pm #3

As I work my way to the top of the backswing, prior to The Master Move, my right elbow is much lower than my left arm. Allen's graphic of Dec, 16, 2009 contained in IMPOTANCE OF THE MASTER MOVE, shows his right elbow LEVEL with the right arm at the top, which for him is a change from prevoiusly being higher than the left. Most pros appear to be pretty level also.....My right elbow is well BELOW the left arm [and it appears Mac intentioally keeps his that way] and I want to know if this is a problem?? I don't believe it would even be possible for me to get to the position Allen used to be prior to Bertholy & Blueprint.

Some proponents of the game outside this forum tell me my 'triangle at the top' should be level, but my right elbow always looks extrememly LOW in the mirror..........problem????? or will I be able to smash it like Mac next spring???

With a CG "hands high" ( third one )backswing, you see more examples of the position (I think) you are mentioning. SA setups and shorter back swings not so much, the trail elbow is lower than the lead elbow.

Last edited by mcirishman57 on January 16th, 2010, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 16th, 2010, 10:15 pm #4

Thanks......'the turn' takes special effort for me, ...I continually have to make sure I am turning, and not just swinging my arms........that being said, I definitley have a low right elbow at the top.

Furyk is amazing.............