Proven training method!

Proven training method!

September 4th, 2011, 6:06 pm #1

In reverse lol. I hit a lot of balls this week after work and got so screwed up that it took me 9 holes yesterday to get back to where I could hit a decent shot at all. My index is down to 9.3 as a result of a period of time where I was playing a lot and only hitting a few balls before I played along with my business trip where I did not do much of anything golf related.

When I hit a lot of balls on the range I tend to change things and try things. In part this is because I can only seem to hit the ball well for a short period of time with any of my 'swings'. LOL I never could stick with just one grip or swing idea for very long and that goes back 45 years! There is always something else in the back of my mind that might work better and often does for a short while...

LOL when I play today I have it all figured out based on what I finished up with yesterday... If I come back with the same idea tonight it will mean I played a pretty good round...

Regards, Herbert

September 4th, 2011, 7:56 pm #2

I can't practice worth a darn. But I can go out and play and just think about the target and the shot I want to hit. And usually the results are acceptable.

When I practice, I'm never satisfied with the results. So like you say, I'm fiddling with something. The more I practice, the more miserable I become. Lately I've been unable to get out and play but I've been hitting balls every day. I'm about ready to quit the game!

September 5th, 2011, 2:25 am #3

All my troubles seemed so close by...

I shot a 48 on the front nine yesterday grinding all the way. Made a swing change on the back and shot a 41. Tough pin placements on most of the greens etc. Today I shot an even par 35 on the front with the pins in the same places and the greens all chewed up by heavy play. How does that happen? LOL

Regards, Herbert

September 5th, 2011, 3:14 am #4

Do you have a newe swing method now ?

September 5th, 2011, 3:30 am #5

No it is not new but is one that I seem to keep circling back to. Maybe I should just stick with it for a while...

It is something like this:
A fairly strong grip.
Hold it firm.
Swing through with the hands in front at impact.
Slooooow through the ball.
My 'windshield wiper' follow through keeping trail hand bent back through to the finish.
I have added opening the face up on the backswing to try to be square to the plane.

Regards, Herbert