PowerSlot Swing

PowerSlot Swing

June 7th, 2010, 8:17 pm #1

Check out this link. I love this swing. Have absolutely no association with this instructor, just want to share something that works for me. Came across it totally by accident. I am hitting the ball more crisp and further than ever. I now feel like a fool for all the books, videos, and lessons I have spent. Wish I had come across something like this years ago. Give it a try, and report back. Best of luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MbWQYCx2PE

June 8th, 2010, 7:05 pm #2

to the IMA impact backwards drills that have you starting the drill from the 6/100's position. There was much discussion awhile ago as to whether the 6/100's position could be used as the setup when playing. The consensus was yes and several people found improvement from doing so ... probably because it did help with angle retention over what was previously obtained.

Of course I would be remiss if I didn't mention that there is no guarantee that this will result in pro-level lag or angle retention. In fact, his teaching assistant demonstrates a large loss of angle at 6/100's near the end of the video.

June 9th, 2010, 1:50 pm #3

Check out this link. I love this swing. Have absolutely no association with this instructor, just want to share something that works for me. Came across it totally by accident. I am hitting the ball more crisp and further than ever. I now feel like a fool for all the books, videos, and lessons I have spent. Wish I had come across something like this years ago. Give it a try, and report back. Best of luck!

When I was working on my swing with Stack and Tilt (S&T), I used to do something very similar. The reason I predefined my setup because I was having trouble keeping my head still and getting set with the lower/upper body in the S&T fashion on takeaway.

In S&T, the main premise on the back swing is weight forward, lead should down, and trail leg straightening. By predefining my S&T setup and placing the club behind the ball around 2 feet, I would then, simply raise the club up to the top of my swing. This allowed me to keep my head still and having my arms connected to my body.

I never had any issue with hitting fat shots or catching it on the toe/heel. The main reason I didn't employ it full time in the swing is because it looks so darn weird!

June 12th, 2010, 1:17 am #4

Hi to all who are viewing this. My name is Andy Kossowsky and I am the inventor of The PowerSlot Swing and I just wanted to say thank you for putting up the thread and giving the swing a try. There are so many things I do want to say, but for now, I will just respond to the threads on this site. First, Slicer2010, I hope you can now change your name to PowerSlotSwinger2010. I'm glad you are finding the swing easy to use and are a little upset with yourself that you spent all that money trying to learn the conventional swing. I was in the same boat, but not anymore...and neither are you. Second, regarding Allen's statement on lag, take a look at my swing and the swings of the other players using a driver and please get back to me with your pictorials to show that great lag was created. Actually, when I first invented the swing, I had a golf pro compare my swing to a pro golfer's and he showed that on the downswing, frame by frame, we were mirror images of one another. No, I'm not a pro player, but I looked like one on video and great lag is definitely generated with The PowerSlot Swing. Lastly, regarding JK's fear of looking weird, trust me, when you are playing better than the players in your group, they will not think you look weird and believe me when I tell you this, but they will be trying the swing and getting into the set up sooner than you think. Guys, it is all about the set up. Once you find that correct position, the swing and golf have become more simple than you think. Again, I can go on forever, but I am looking forward to your replies and I hope you are having fun out on the course. I will post more in the future. Talk soon. AK

June 12th, 2010, 4:47 pm #5

'Lag' is a characteristic of the swing and not the club. If lag was not demonstrated with an iron (where it is most needed) it will not be there with driver.

BTW - The only full swing I saw of yours was viewed parallel to the target line and that is not an effective angle to determine the how far ahead or behind the ball the hands might be during the swing.

Peter
Last edited by sagf_moderator on June 12th, 2010, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 12th, 2010, 6:21 pm #6

The YouTube video is labeled "Part 1".
Is there a Part2? Where?

June 12th, 2010, 8:39 pm #7

'Lag' is a characteristic of the swing and not the club. If lag was not demonstrated with an iron (where it is most needed) it will not be there with driver.

BTW - The only full swing I saw of yours was viewed parallel to the target line and that is not an effective angle to determine the how far ahead or behind the ball the hands might be during the swing.

Peter
Peter, all is well. Please do me a favor. Try the swing, video tape yourself and please get back to me. I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised with not only the lag you will create but how easy the swing is to perform. Looking forward to your reply. AK

June 12th, 2010, 8:45 pm #8

Lyle's pre-set...He has played close to scratch golf for many years using the preset that has his club parallel to the ground and set to Bertholy's keystone position.

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

June 12th, 2010, 11:11 pm #9

Peter, all is well. Please do me a favor. Try the swing, video tape yourself and please get back to me. I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised with not only the lag you will create but how easy the swing is to perform. Looking forward to your reply. AK
I don't have a need or interest in changing swings. Besides which I have years of doing drills from another golf swing that similar to what you now suggest, start with the club already through part of the backswing.

You did not address my point about lag not varying between irons and driver.

FYI - Note that examining the only swing of yours in the video the ball flight line is significantly inside the line of your feet.

Peter
Last edited by sagf_moderator on June 12th, 2010, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 12th, 2010, 11:52 pm #10

The YouTube video is labeled "Part 1".
Is there a Part2? Where?
I just realized where you saw Part 1 or might have thought you viewed that. In the video, we say, Step One - The Set Up. That might be where the confusion is. But just so you know, if I was to make a Part 2 of The PowerSlot Swing, it would be the short game portion. The set up is geared for the shot game as well, even in the bunker. I hope you enjoyed the video and will give the swing a try. AK