Moderator Statement

Moderator Statement

November 10th, 2003, 11:14 pm #1

The Single Axis Golf Forum was started to provide a forum for discussing all forms of single axis (SA) golf vs being restricted to a single form. As the members have developed a deeper understanding of the golf swing, general principles of the golf swing applicable to SA and other 'swings' have become topics of discussion. This will be encouraged for the greater benefit of all.

As a SA forum there will be many who find this group through web searches and references and are looking for support and advice as they pursue their SA methodology of choice. This is the function of the group and should be respected. A thread started by a poster looking for discussion or advice on a particular SA swing should be answered by those who use that swing and is not a thread for other points or debate unless requested by the poster.

Different views are expected and debate anticipated. Civil debate about golf. This is not a forum for discussion about non-golf topics and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Such posts will be subject to deletion.

This group will continue to provide special support for golfers using one of the forms of SA golf while hopefully aiding the growth in knowledge and abilities of all participants regardless of their level or style of golf through those general principles applicable to all golf swings.

Peter

Single Axis Golf Forum - Moderator

November 10th, 2003, 11:23 pm #2

n/t

November 11th, 2003, 2:57 am #3

The Single Axis Golf Forum was started to provide a forum for discussing all forms of single axis (SA) golf vs being restricted to a single form. As the members have developed a deeper understanding of the golf swing, general principles of the golf swing applicable to SA and other 'swings' have become topics of discussion. This will be encouraged for the greater benefit of all.

As a SA forum there will be many who find this group through web searches and references and are looking for support and advice as they pursue their SA methodology of choice. This is the function of the group and should be respected. A thread started by a poster looking for discussion or advice on a particular SA swing should be answered by those who use that swing and is not a thread for other points or debate unless requested by the poster.

Different views are expected and debate anticipated. Civil debate about golf. This is not a forum for discussion about non-golf topics and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Such posts will be subject to deletion.

This group will continue to provide special support for golfers using one of the forms of SA golf while hopefully aiding the growth in knowledge and abilities of all participants regardless of their level or style of golf through those general principles applicable to all golf swings.

Peter

Single Axis Golf Forum - Moderator
There will often be occasions when a question or related response brings up a bone of contention, even amongst those who use the same swing (yeah, I know ... this never happens!). So you are saying that civil debate is acceptable as long as it relates to the original question? Then, side issues be taken up in another thread? If so, I think that's legit. This might help us from some of the huge fragmented threads that scatter in numberous directions.

I'm looking forward to the continuation of what has made this forum great, and don't envy you as both a moderator and a significant contributer. You certainly get jabbed at on occasion and it might be difficult to seperate "peter the contributer" from "peter the admin". I hope this doesn't dissuade you from your contribution. While I disagree with you at times, I express every bit of confidence in your ability maintain your seperate roles. Congratulations and best wishes!

Regards,
Stirling

November 11th, 2003, 10:26 am #4

Thanks for the good wishes.

What I mean requires a slight refinement of your description. When someone posts relative to swing X, there may well be different views from THOSE THAT USE swing X and that discussion/debate may be useful to the poster.

But when people who do not use swing X but may have gone to the web site or have the video in their collection engage in the discussion/debate the poster can be left confused about what is and is not related to swing X and what has worked for those that use swing X.

I believe it is these types of situations that have led to some of the SA members providing feedback about the difficulty in sorting out SA information. This may also be why over the years there have been many that make a few posts and then stop.

One way to address this is to have people identify their swings so a questioner knows the source. Another way is to have the poster identify their interest and for everyone else to respect their focus.

I don't think this will stop the huge, fragmented threads because many of those do not start with a post about a particular swing. This guideline is more intended to serve those who want to discuss/share/ask relative to swing X with others that use it.

Peter