MGS Takes Home The Hardware !

MGS Takes Home The Hardware !

October 9th, 2011, 5:42 am #1

Our season ending scramble was held today and team Stockett-McMullen won by two strokes shooting 68 ! Gorgeous weather, and what a way to end the season. Here's the Champs, that's Gramps (54) on the left and The Stallion (29) on the right:

This was the first chance to put MGS in play in it's most complete form since I first used it. Kiran says there are still some things to work on but she says that I have "come a long way". It was an interesting round because all four of us played in league with each other, and this was the first time any of them have seen me play since our league ended, and I have been trying MGS.

After a couple of holes, one guy said "Your swing looks more controlled than it did in league play". I told them all briefly the story about my injury and what I was doing differently. His partner said it is "powerful for such an easy swing". My partner, said I was more accurate but seemed to have lost some distance on my drives, but way more accurate and consistent. I asked which driver he would rather have and he said just keep it like it is now!

Ball striking wise, though I lost some distance, my driver ball was usually the longest of the group and we used my tee ball on 13 of the 18 holes. I hit four bad shots, and they were really bad - two OB. Wedges and short irons were deadly though, and we were driver-wedge most holes. My drives were a tad right all day, on range beforehand and during play so this is something I need to look into. I hit my best shots when I did my best to let my "lead arm hit my face" with a softened lead elbow ( Kiran's latest advice) and just fall back down to the ball without trying to hit it - almost like and un hit. Several times my partner said that "my hands are releasing nicely" and it was those un-hit shots that he made those comments on.

So, IMO it's an easy swing to implement and take to the course, even though it is still very new and not fully installed MGS. I played all my shots on clearkey and to help during pre-shot I gave myself a checklist of key points - arms relaxed, twist torso, lead arm rise - lead arm fall. (usually during play I stay away from mechanics oriented pre-shot, but Carey Mumford said it is okay when you are in the middle of a swing change and you play a round, - it helped. ) I'd make a practice swing and then switch to automatic and begin my clearkey. I think as the habit gets more established, even greater things are to come, and can pretty much say the MGS changes and adaptations are here to stay.

We made some bomb putts that we shouldn't have, and we missed a handful of ones we should have made. But we played great as a team, never hitting two bad shots in a row. If I hit a bad one, Antoine would pick us up and knock it stiff, and vice versa. Though it was a scramble, I kept track of my own ball and had my own ball figured for somewhere between 74-77 depending on how it went with the short game and putts.

Kevin

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!
Last edited by mcirishman57 on October 9th, 2011, 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 9th, 2011, 10:22 am #2

First off, congrats on the win! But did the stallion just finish golfing with you? He looks like he just got done shopping at the mall...

October 9th, 2011, 12:06 pm #3

Our season ending scramble was held today and team Stockett-McMullen won by two strokes shooting 68 ! Gorgeous weather, and what a way to end the season. Here's the Champs, that's Gramps (54) on the left and The Stallion (29) on the right:

This was the first chance to put MGS in play in it's most complete form since I first used it. Kiran says there are still some things to work on but she says that I have "come a long way". It was an interesting round because all four of us played in league with each other, and this was the first time any of them have seen me play since our league ended, and I have been trying MGS.

After a couple of holes, one guy said "Your swing looks more controlled than it did in league play". I told them all briefly the story about my injury and what I was doing differently. His partner said it is "powerful for such an easy swing". My partner, said I was more accurate but seemed to have lost some distance on my drives, but way more accurate and consistent. I asked which driver he would rather have and he said just keep it like it is now!

Ball striking wise, though I lost some distance, my driver ball was usually the longest of the group and we used my tee ball on 13 of the 18 holes. I hit four bad shots, and they were really bad - two OB. Wedges and short irons were deadly though, and we were driver-wedge most holes. My drives were a tad right all day, on range beforehand and during play so this is something I need to look into. I hit my best shots when I did my best to let my "lead arm hit my face" with a softened lead elbow ( Kiran's latest advice) and just fall back down to the ball without trying to hit it - almost like and un hit. Several times my partner said that "my hands are releasing nicely" and it was those un-hit shots that he made those comments on.

So, IMO it's an easy swing to implement and take to the course, even though it is still very new and not fully installed MGS. I played all my shots on clearkey and to help during pre-shot I gave myself a checklist of key points - arms relaxed, twist torso, lead arm rise - lead arm fall. (usually during play I stay away from mechanics oriented pre-shot, but Carey Mumford said it is okay when you are in the middle of a swing change and you play a round, - it helped. ) I'd make a practice swing and then switch to automatic and begin my clearkey. I think as the habit gets more established, even greater things are to come, and can pretty much say the MGS changes and adaptations are here to stay.

We made some bomb putts that we shouldn't have, and we missed a handful of ones we should have made. But we played great as a team, never hitting two bad shots in a row. If I hit a bad one, Antoine would pick us up and knock it stiff, and vice versa. Though it was a scramble, I kept track of my own ball and had my own ball figured for somewhere between 74-77 depending on how it went with the short game and putts.

Kevin

Congrats! I have enjoyed all your comments and videos about MGS. I still have issues with the swing but I am improving on a daily basis. Keep posting!

October 9th, 2011, 12:43 pm #4

First off, congrats on the win! But did the stallion just finish golfing with you? He looks like he just got done shopping at the mall...
" White Men Can't Jump" ? Well there you go..we are the golf version! But guy can play, and the more pressure, the better.

Funny thing too, we played with two guys that dress the part....the wide white belts, gabardine slacks, shoes that prob cost more than my set of golf clubs. $1200 club sets. They failed to break par.

Love it.

Kevin

October 9th, 2011, 1:26 pm #5

Kevin

It sounds like you really are getting it figured out !

October 11th, 2011, 3:07 am #6

Kevin

Congratulations on the victory, Kevin.

I have enjoyed your recent posts on MGS. Your enthusiasm prompted me to give it a go this weekend. I am one of those who tried multiple golf swing methodologies so I was a little skeptical of trying yet another "Holy Grail golf swing".

After reviewing some of the main tips of MGS, I hit a small bucket and then played 18. The result was encouraging I had some very well placed golf shots; straight for irons and a draw with the driver. That is THE perfect combination. I did, however, had some hooks/slices. Sometimes I noticed that when I did not hit it well was because I lifted my rear foot before impact rather having both feet planted. Perhaps this is one of the faults of other new MGS users who complain of bad shots?

I may try MGS again the next time I go out trying to repeat the successful shots. And, I hope I can gain a little more distance as I get more accustom to this new swing methodology. I will give credit to MS Kiran and purchase her ebook.

There is one thing that is sorely lacking in MGS. Marketing. If Ms Kiran wants to sell her product in a western culture, she needs to work on presentation. (think AJ Bonar) Plus, that website is about as sexy as H. Hoover in a dress.

Cheers

JK