MGS swing

MGS swing

October 16th, 2011, 12:32 am #1

I've been experimenting with the MGS swing, using the discussion on the forum and reading Kiran's descriptions on her website. All I can say at this point, I'm hitting the ball better than I have in a long, long time. Presently, I'm working on the basic setup and backswing. Just this part of the total swing has really helped improve my ball contact and ball flight. I have about the same ball distance, but also have hopes that distance will also improve.

Thanks to everyone that has posted information on the forum about the MGS system. This information has give me new hope on my golfing ability.

AllenG

October 16th, 2011, 4:50 am #2

Your post was positive,respectful,thoughtful and refreshingly free of pontification and rancor.Are you sure that you are on the right site? I am glad to hear that you are having success.

October 16th, 2011, 1:20 pm #3

I've been experimenting with the MGS swing, using the discussion on the forum and reading Kiran's descriptions on her website. All I can say at this point, I'm hitting the ball better than I have in a long, long time. Presently, I'm working on the basic setup and backswing. Just this part of the total swing has really helped improve my ball contact and ball flight. I have about the same ball distance, but also have hopes that distance will also improve.

Thanks to everyone that has posted information on the forum about the MGS system. This information has give me new hope on my golfing ability.

AllenG
For everyone who has found an improved swing using MGS, I'd like to know what was/were your main flaw or flaws that were improved or eliminated using MGS. Just wondering if there is a pattern, e.g. it's a big help for pull-slicers, or fat hitters, or what.

October 16th, 2011, 1:44 pm #4

It changes your swing from "an over the top, steep angle of attack, outside to inside" swing to "inside to outside, shallow angle of attack". Coming from the inside on a shallow angle of attack means more "flush" shots.

October 16th, 2011, 2:20 pm #5

For everyone who has found an improved swing using MGS, I'd like to know what was/were your main flaw or flaws that were improved or eliminated using MGS. Just wondering if there is a pattern, e.g. it's a big help for pull-slicers, or fat hitters, or what.
Don't know if you would call it a flaw, but lack of consistency.

Consistency in contact. Consistency in distance control. Consistency in dispersion...left to right much less variance. With MGS all these are improved.

I need more rounds for sure, but I am thinking that under pressure will be better execution on demand. In our two man scramble, both of us were faced with a "must man up" situation several times each nine. Antoine would chunk his wedge, and I would have to stuff it close, and vice versa. I can only think of one time in the round where i didn't deliver when it was up to me to hit a great shot.

I am not the bio-mechanics expert, but the claim of Kiran is that the MGS puts the golfer in the most ideal position it can to allow the body parts to move the way they were designed to be moved in the hitting of a golf shot. If that is true, then it holds out great promise for golfers of all levels.

Why? Because then there is nothing "to learn" - in the traditional sense of the way golf has been taught. Our bodies already know. JUST MY OPINION, and I don't intend to try and prove it, but I think this is why so many people who "dabble" with MGS and look into it just a little bit and try it - see immediate and instant improvement in their ball striking.

Take weight shift for example. If you take the time to notice, at address, the weight is centered on both feet. Now focus on that, and make the MGS torso twist to set your shoulders closed. Do you feel that? The pressure moves more to the trail foot! So MGS gives you a weight shift without the danger of a slide back or loss of trail leg brace. That's just one example.

Kevin

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

October 16th, 2011, 7:22 pm #6

AllenG
Bertholy: GSC 101 pg 64-
...Once you have gained the ability to perform it in slow motion....you have made it possible to occasionally perform this motion in an actual golf swing....eventually, there is even the possibility that you may perform it on the course....under stress conditions....there is no guarantee it will always be there...some days you will be able to make more good swings than others......
Graves Golf - teaches Moe's swing Many folks have opined here that they have yet to see how they teach what Moe does, and that no one has posted video of themselves swinging like Moe, though admittedly Todd is the closest. Moe is on record as saying g that no one should try to swing like him. Still people report getting better "swinging like Moe".

Stack and Tilt pros as examples don't swing the way the method teaches, as video shows. Our David just posted elsewhere he just finished runner-up with "his version" of Stack and Tilt. (He was the first one to purchase my book) I bet he is not totally Stack and Tilt OR Blueprint Bertholy, but he gives credit to both for his improvement.

Trahan same thing. Model vs actual swings differ. People don't do it exactly, but they get the benefit.

MGS - Ham says ( and Peter similar )
I want to see how someone hits the ball who swings per Kiran's demonstration of the swing. Everybody that I have seen so far has been a mix of a normal CG swing and slightly MGS.
MGS inventor Kiran Kanwar says -
The thing about MGS is, you don't have to get it perfectly, even small improvements show big changes, just because the joints and muscles CAN!
This is the way it goes with ANY method or approach. Nobody gets any of these EXACTLY per the model or direction. That is the charge ( and it is absolutely valid) that has always been leveled at any of these methods here in the DG...The developers that are honest about it, like Bertholy and Kiran, readily admit that, but they also claim that they can get enough of it to get a benefit

So we have people that are trying to the best of their understanding to use MGS concepts and principles and they report positive results. They get enough of it.

Sooo...that is about all we can say. MGS is here to stay. Try some of it or all of it, or none of it. Mix it best you can. Try the MGS set up as best you understand it. Swing as close as you can to the model. Hit the ball better...or worse. Shoot lower scores or higher. Report back. End of story.

All I know is I haven't seen as much buzz in this DG coming from so many different places (lurkers who never post, etc) in a loooong time. And it is almost all positive, save for those who insist that the reports aren't valid because people aren't "swinging MGS as directed."

Kevin

October 16th, 2011, 8:44 pm #7

If you supposedly adopt a swing but do not at all adapt what is said to be a key component then I don't think you can say you have adopted the swing. There are some here that call themselves using LPG because they bend their lead arm but they still cock their lead wrist as in a CG swing. LPG says you should not cock your lead wrist so they have not in fact adopted LPG but something different (in that case the something different was described by Jorgensen in some detail).

If if you say you have a SA swing but the club is not aligned with your trail forearm at address (as has been the case with a some pros that appeared in NG infomercials) then you are not SA. You may have adopted some other components but those alone do not make you SA.

It is one thing to say that a person exhibits a variation of a component of a swing; it is quite another to say that they don't exhibit at all a fundamental component.

Peter

October 16th, 2011, 10:14 pm #8

or as we used to say as field techs in the Navy when doing PM's - "Close enough for government work"! Those UHF receivers worked fine though we often couldn't get the settings the PM procedure called for...them damn engineers that set up the PM procedure never tuned one darn receiver in the field on the open seas.

Or, as Bertholy would say..."Remember there is latitude in the golf swing...."

Or as ...wait a second...just forget it... #2 is in operation yet again.

Kevin

Last edited by mcirishman57 on October 16th, 2011, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 17th, 2011, 12:12 am #9

Peter is right. He always is.

October 17th, 2011, 3:09 am #10

Bertholy: GSC 101 pg 64-
...Once you have gained the ability to perform it in slow motion....you have made it possible to occasionally perform this motion in an actual golf swing....eventually, there is even the possibility that you may perform it on the course....under stress conditions....there is no guarantee it will always be there...some days you will be able to make more good swings than others......
Graves Golf - teaches Moe's swing Many folks have opined here that they have yet to see how they teach what Moe does, and that no one has posted video of themselves swinging like Moe, though admittedly Todd is the closest. Moe is on record as saying g that no one should try to swing like him. Still people report getting better "swinging like Moe".

Stack and Tilt pros as examples don't swing the way the method teaches, as video shows. Our David just posted elsewhere he just finished runner-up with "his version" of Stack and Tilt. (He was the first one to purchase my book) I bet he is not totally Stack and Tilt OR Blueprint Bertholy, but he gives credit to both for his improvement.

Trahan same thing. Model vs actual swings differ. People don't do it exactly, but they get the benefit.

MGS - Ham says ( and Peter similar )
I want to see how someone hits the ball who swings per Kiran's demonstration of the swing. Everybody that I have seen so far has been a mix of a normal CG swing and slightly MGS.
MGS inventor Kiran Kanwar says -
The thing about MGS is, you don't have to get it perfectly, even small improvements show big changes, just because the joints and muscles CAN!
This is the way it goes with ANY method or approach. Nobody gets any of these EXACTLY per the model or direction. That is the charge ( and it is absolutely valid) that has always been leveled at any of these methods here in the DG...The developers that are honest about it, like Bertholy and Kiran, readily admit that, but they also claim that they can get enough of it to get a benefit

So we have people that are trying to the best of their understanding to use MGS concepts and principles and they report positive results. They get enough of it.

Sooo...that is about all we can say. MGS is here to stay. Try some of it or all of it, or none of it. Mix it best you can. Try the MGS set up as best you understand it. Swing as close as you can to the model. Hit the ball better...or worse. Shoot lower scores or higher. Report back. End of story.

All I know is I haven't seen as much buzz in this DG coming from so many different places (lurkers who never post, etc) in a loooong time. And it is almost all positive, save for those who insist that the reports aren't valid because people aren't "swinging MGS as directed."

Kevin

I agree I just can't understand some people here are obsessed with the idea that someone might not be doing every single aspect of the swing 100% correct.

I guess I don't hear the same things about other swing methods ?

I don't know if it is because many of the guys have had such good success with MGS or waht.

I am not one to try to start anything. in fact really just the oposite. I just say whatever helps you hit the ball better that is what we are all looking for.
If it is not 100% correst by the book who cares no one swing is not even the best Tour Pro.