Luke Donald doing Bertholy?

Luke Donald doing Bertholy?

February 28th, 2011, 10:28 am #1

"How many tour pros learned to hold the angle using Bertholy? Are there any?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY1Kfhys ... ature=fvwp

So, this is how one pro practices.....

Kevin
"A Blueprint For Golf Excellence"

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

February 28th, 2011, 10:42 am #2

http://www.youtube.com/user/smartergolf ... cPPgBJAnNU

March 2nd, 2011, 1:11 am #3

This is soooooo good...I mean in light of what has recently been said about tour pros and (supposed) lack of Bertholy. Ever hear of Sean Foley? What follows is an email chain I received from Doug Ferreri:

Begin Email chain, which is from Doug to me:
"Mac , I know how much you respect Bertholy and what he created. I thought you might find this correspondence interesting. Bertholy has been gone for over ten years and his teaching influence is still very long, being used at the highest levels of golf. Foley has had a copy of Golf Swing Construction 101, The Bertholy Method Revisited for over a year now. One of my students bought five copies to give to various pros . He has taken lessons from Foley. He gave a book him a after he heard Foley use Bertholy Verbiage he had gotten thru a Moe Norman Link. As the story was related to me he was unaware it was from Paul. To this day have never met or spoken with Foley.

Doug

-----Original Message-----
To: Doug Ferreri
Sent: Mon, Feb 28, 2011 1:45 pm
Subject: Re: Golf swing 101

No, I have not taken lessons from sean, I have only shared a few emails with him. I have though spent a considerable amount of time with Mike Bennett and Andy Plummer. Sean recognizes Bertholy as having a major influence in his teaching.

On Feb 28, 2011, at 3:32 PM, Doug Ferreri wrote:

> Do you take lessons from Foley? When you read the book call me or e mail
>
> 561 723 7706
> On Feb 28, 2011, at 6:25 PM, -----------wrote:
>
>> Doug,
>>
>> I am a student in the UNLV PGA program. I am a bit of an instructional nerd and I had never heard of Paul Bertholy until Sean Foley mentioned his name in a email then I looked into it and that is when I found your interview on The Gotham Golf blog. I am very interested to learn the Bertholy method and look forward to the arrival of my copy.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> On Feb 28, 2011, at 9:27 AM, Doug Ferreri wrote:
>>
>>> your book will go out by Wednesday. How did you hear about it?
>>>
>>> Doug Ferreri
>>>
"
Particularly satisfying to read this in light of a certain club pro's (the rodent, our very own hamster) recent comments about tour pros and lack of Bertholy. Guess we know now why O'hair was practicing some slow mo holds and swings. Foley has also coached Hunter Mahan, Stephen Ames, and Justin Rose. Oh yeah, forgot...his most recent student is the one known as Tiger Woods. I love it..."recognizes Bertholy as a major influence in his teaching".

Kevin

March 2nd, 2011, 2:37 am #4

:-) <n/t>

March 2nd, 2011, 8:52 am #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/smartergolf ... cPPgBJAnNU

How many pros "learned" to hold the angle using Bertholy? Can you really not understand the meaning of that?

Show them doing Bertholy drills when they were young, before they made it on tour. I have no doubt that many do similar drills now. You missed the whole point of my question. I really feel sorry for you that you need to take every question as an attack on you personally. That is really sad.

The main meaning of the question you totally missed. HOW did the stars of today learn as kids to have so much lag??? Maybe you can understand the meaning better now that I have reworded it for you.

I have posted many times that I love Bertholy type drills for a small percentage of my students. I was introduced to Bertholy's method in around 1976. My Dad even had the swing pipe and book.

The point is that they did not do those drills when they learned to have lag. There are obviously many other ways, and you do not have to be a kid to learn them.

Your marketing campaign here has turned off way more people then it has turned on. Too bad you don't even realize that. Every post comes across as a sales pitch to sell your system. Wouldn't you have better luck pitching it on other golf forums?? Maybe they don't allow spamming??

Ham

Last edited by hammeredit on March 2nd, 2011, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 2nd, 2011, 11:19 am #6

you "deleted my name from your screen" - guess that was a lie too...

You needn't feel sorry for me, I hear from people all the time telling me to keep on posting and writing, and not to worry about the likes of you trying to discourage me with your condescending ways - and just so you know a lot have also told me that they enjoy our little back and forth and "think it's funny" - so welcome back!

Marketing campaign? You really are clueless on that, but I understand why you want to characterize and box me in like that....that's what people like you do. You see hamster, I have been a ardent Bertholy advocate for way longer than I have had my book out...way longer. That is clear and without question. I have never received a dime form Doug F. (And if you had my book, you would know that there are differences between "my system" and GSC 101). In the introduction, I provide a link to Doug's site where people can get his book...

So here's the thing - you are the pro - been at the game since you were a kid and teaching for 20 years more than I have played golf. I "am the wanna be pro", and am just starting my teaching business and career...still very much a "cottage industry" for me...I still have to have a "day job". Everybody has to start somewhere....soooooooooo

What people wonder about is WTF a club pro, who plays a non SA type swing golf, and is "trying to get his game in shape to go on the senior tour.." ...WTF are you so worried about the likes of lil ole me, and why do you spend so much time on the SA forum? DON'T YOU HAVE BIGGER FISH TO FRY? I MEAN REALLY?

Kevin

March 2nd, 2011, 11:31 am #7

As normal you change the topic. Too much of a waste of time if you keep bringing up new garbage. Deleting your name was a way of saying I no longer read your posts, until yesterday after getting the email.

You clearly do not know much about winter weather in Germany and the extra time it gives to golf pros.

Take the reading comprehension course and then get back to me. If you dare!!! LOL

Ham

March 2nd, 2011, 11:39 am #8

Touching how they look out for you...probably Herbert sent you the email - JK Herbert!
"Hey hamster...you should read what that &^!@#$%^* McIrishman57 is posting now....you better get on there and answer him..."
That's some funny stuff there....

Kevin

March 2nd, 2011, 7:32 pm #9

Never have e-mailed Ham and don't particularly agree with him on many things.

What is with the 'JK' reference? LOL, Jack Kuykendahl? Or the person who sometimes posts here as JK? FYI I can assure that I have never posted here under any name other than Herbert.

Thinking about it that was a very strange post that you made there seems a bit paranoid... LOL, no need for you to worry just because we are all out to get ya!

Regards, Herbert

March 2nd, 2011, 7:42 pm #10