long time forum member getting active again

long time forum member getting active again

September 8th, 2011, 1:23 am #1

I have been a member of this forum for many many years . I have posted o.ce in a great while in recent years. Although I do visit and read posts most days.
Peter , Mcirishman and many a few other remember me from the old days.
I like many have been on the merry-go round for way too long .
Have tried about ever single axis swing along with about every other type swing . I have been to 3 day golf clinics years ago when I first started with NG . Then. Later IMA. Lessons from many different instructors over the years with little success .
I started on Kevin's exercises after his book came out then ended up with a major shoulder injury. And after two surgery's finally got back at it late this spring . I played with kind of a Home made swing combined with some of Shawn Clement,s stuff.
I played well at times
I EVEN WON OUR HANDICAP DIVISION OF OUR CLUB. CHAMPIONSHIP THIS SUMMER . Mainly because I am still a high handicapper, but hey I still won. I had a very good second 9.
But as Kevin would say I certainly do not have a swing I will never forget. I have only matched my back 9 score from the CC once this year. The rest of the time I am still in the mid to upper 40's or once in a while worse.
I go over the top way to often and my short game sucks .
But when I am hitting them well I out drive most of the guys who play at our course . But in general I still suck and can't seem to get Amy better handicap or consistency

Time now that I am healthy again to get my handicap and game in shape

September 8th, 2011, 1:39 am #2

Congrats on your win!

Second, glad you are healthy.

Third, focus as much time on the mental aspect as the mechanical aspect. You hold the key to the shop - the shop is the subconscious. Build solid habits that your subconscious can draw on to play your best. Practice correctly, and practice like you will play - with unthinking involvement.

You will get there I have no doubt, and along the way it will be a great journey! This is good news bad news time of the year for us. Bad news is the season will soon be over, good news is we have the winter to focus on installing solid absolutes and fundamentals to get a running start on next season!

It's funny, I was thinking today as i was driving through the crappy weather..."I can't wait til next season" LOL this season is not even over yet and i am already looking forward to next season. Is it Masters week yet?

kevin

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

September 8th, 2011, 3:01 am #3

I certainly don't look forward to winter weather. But our golf league is over and because of.my work.schedule I will have very little time to play in Sept.
I am looking forward to working on.my swing this winter for sure.
The mental game without doubt has been a huge problem for me.
Like I said I can hit the ball a long way, but struggle to get I.to the 40's at times.