January 6th, 2014, 7:15 am #2

Reminds me of BGG <n/t>

January 6th, 2014, 11:06 am #3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WwoKSSDXGk

That I believe is Ham?

Regards, Herbert
Hi Herbert,

Ham I am. LOL

I developed that swing working with Single Plane golfers who still struggled with getting into a good impact position. It works well for those who have little time for practice.

It has little to nothing to do with the the MGS swing that Kevin and Kiran teach. Almost polar opposite, not that there is a right way or wrong way to swing a golf club. I think that certain ideas work better for certain people. Maybe why there are thousands of swing methods.

I sell learning systems for three different swings myself. I think the swing needs to be fit to the individual with certain fundamentals that must be met in order to achieve success for the individual. Certainly some influence from this forum in my teaching as well.

Best regards,

Kirk

January 6th, 2014, 11:31 am #4

Reminds me of BGG <n/t>
I'm not really sure what exactly BGG taught, except that it was similar to the original Natural Golf. I don't know if they taught a pre-set of the hips left at address, along with a pre-turn of the body. I don't think that they did. I also think they taught a palm grip with the trail hand, which I do not.

Similar is probably the distance from the ball and single plane alignment at setup.

Ham

January 6th, 2014, 3:45 pm #5

Hi Herbert,

Ham I am. LOL

I developed that swing working with Single Plane golfers who still struggled with getting into a good impact position. It works well for those who have little time for practice.

It has little to nothing to do with the the MGS swing that Kevin and Kiran teach. Almost polar opposite, not that there is a right way or wrong way to swing a golf club. I think that certain ideas work better for certain people. Maybe why there are thousands of swing methods.

I sell learning systems for three different swings myself. I think the swing needs to be fit to the individual with certain fundamentals that must be met in order to achieve success for the individual. Certainly some influence from this forum in my teaching as well.

Best regards,

Kirk
Finally we get to see what "Ham" looks like

Here is his website:

http://learninggolf.tv/
Regards,
Bob

January 6th, 2014, 3:51 pm #6

I'm not really sure what exactly BGG taught, except that it was similar to the original Natural Golf. I don't know if they taught a pre-set of the hips left at address, along with a pre-turn of the body. I don't think that they did. I also think they taught a palm grip with the trail hand, which I do not.

Similar is probably the distance from the ball and single plane alignment at setup.

Ham
taught that the swing should be done from impact position so, yes the hips were preset towards the target. We discussed that part here a while back. He did this as a way of eliminating the need to teach 'weight shift'.

Tom also taught a 'pre turn' of the body which was how you got to the Moe address position with the clubhead away from the ball.

Tom did teach a 'palm' grip for the trail hand.

Peter

January 6th, 2014, 7:38 pm #7

Hi Herbert,

Ham I am. LOL

Best regards,

Kirk
On your site you have a link to this 'science':
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Xj ... %2C6031344

That looks more like advertising then science to me!

Regards, Herbert

January 7th, 2014, 1:37 pm #8

taught that the swing should be done from impact position so, yes the hips were preset towards the target. We discussed that part here a while back. He did this as a way of eliminating the need to teach 'weight shift'.

Tom also taught a 'pre turn' of the body which was how you got to the Moe address position with the clubhead away from the ball.

Tom did teach a 'palm' grip for the trail hand.

Peter
pre-turn from the look of pictures that I could find.

The minimalist single plane swing has a pre-turn of between 20 and 35 degrees. It is customizable to each person's physical specifications. It is recommended that a thicker person with less flexibility would very likely need to pre-turn more.

There is also a weight shift with the Minimalist Single Plane swing. It is just less pronounced then in the regular single plane swing.

January 7th, 2014, 1:40 pm #9

On your site you have a link to this 'science':
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Xj ... %2C6031344

That looks more like advertising then science to me!

Regards, Herbert
was presented to the world scientific congress on golf in Scotland in 2002. Three research organizations were involved.

Do you think the researchers were in error?

Ham

January 7th, 2014, 4:38 pm #10

LOL, you have got to be kidding right? At any rate it is a really cheesy page and associating yourself with it is probably not a good idea.

You yourself said: "not that there is a right way or wrong way to swing a golf club. I think that certain ideas work better for certain people". You actually believe this 'research'? If so then why do you swing conventionally? Why do you teach other methods?

Regards, Herbert