Ken Martin at Senior PGA

Ken Martin at Senior PGA

May 25th, 2012, 11:38 pm #1

He missed the cut by 1 stroke.

May 26th, 2012, 5:57 am #2

1.0, 2.5, or 6.7??

May 29th, 2012, 8:39 pm #3

phone with Ken. He was using grip 217B, Setup 19C, and swing 16.8D.

Swing 19D would have probably made the cut, but he said that was hard to know before the tournament was played.

Ham

May 29th, 2012, 8:58 pm #4

Is he still swinging like he did on NG video? Or has he moved on to CG, or what?

Erv

May 30th, 2012, 4:12 pm #5

Personally I've always liked Ken Martin's natural golf swing better than the others I've seen over the years other than Moe himself. There's just something about it I like,but I can't put my finger on it. His seemed smoother and more effortless. It appears that Ken is now associated with Bobby Clampett's method of teaching see the following link:

http://www.kenmartingolf.com/

May 30th, 2012, 10:22 pm #6

I agree 100% about his swing. It stood out from the rest.

Thanks for the link to his site. There is some nice info there. I love what he says about the arms vs. the body. I find his advice to ring true for me. I have stopped looking at Graves' stuff because they emphasize the body movements more, and that messes me up. My body moves in any event, but the Ken Martin NG era thoughts have it moving the right amount at the right time.

It was also good to see his listing of former NGCIs whom he apparently believes in. It's too bad there isn't anywhere where the NG swing is still discussed. I don't say that as a dig at this forum, just a fact that it really is not discussed here or anywhere.

May 31st, 2012, 1:31 pm #7

There actually hasn't been a forum where members could discuss NG for years. The NG site was nothing but a "ask the moderator a question" forum. A total waste of time, imo. It would indeed be great to see a forum where members could discuss NG like people are able to discuss various topics on this forum. But from what I understand it would probably have to use a different name as Graves owns the rights to Natural Golf now. And the Graves site isn't really anything to write home about. For such a supposedly large following there seems to be very little participation on that forum. Maybe I'm missing something and you have to be on a paid version of the site. I don't know but I don't go there anymore. The do have good webinars but I agree that it gets too technical, more like conventional golf only using a single plane. Maybe Ken's site will turn into just such a site as I feel he is still very much into the NG/Single Plane Swing concept even though he is now certified buy Bobby Clampett's Impact Zone methodology. I always liked Ken Martin too. And, btw, I believe there are still a lot of the old NG golfers out there still using it.

June 1st, 2012, 4:21 am #8

People are certainly free to discuss NG here. This forum was created not to avoid NG but rather because the NG forum was not tolerant of discussion of other forms of SA golf. NG specifically has been a topic of discussion here. It's even been the case that Tom Sanders and Todd Graves have discussed NG here (though Todd clearly had an issue with 'science' if it didn't support his position and said so).

Peter

June 1st, 2012, 1:19 pm #9

Thanks, Peter. I guess it's been so long since I saw NG discussed here that I forgot. I think I'll start a thread on it just to see if anybody is still doing it.

Erv

June 1st, 2012, 7:21 pm #10

He missed the cut by 1 stroke.
This is a link to a blog written by the guy who caddied for Ken at the Senior PGA tourney a few days ago, describing Ken's round, the course and the shots, etc. Interesting.

http://www.collegeofgolfnews.com/2012/0 ... ip-blog-3/