Interesting ideas on setup.

Interesting ideas on setup.

September 13th, 2010, 8:33 pm #1

http://www.rotaryswing.com/free-video-l ... this+video

What do you think?

Regards, Herbert

September 13th, 2010, 10:48 pm #2

Makes sense, sounds good. Looks good. I guess there is at least two other methods besides graves that says there approach is based on biomechanicsa of the body!

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

September 13th, 2010, 11:18 pm #3

What do you think?

Regards, Herbert
sounds like Seinfeld. I keep thinking
Kramer is going to jump out.

I like Quinton's teaching.

September 14th, 2010, 5:17 pm #4

I hit some balls this morning before work and I gave the setup a try. My back was a little sore from hitting balls yesterday and playing on Sunday. Setting up with the calves straight up and down and my butt way out behind me is a big change for me. The surprising thing was no pain in my lower back at all during or after full swings. I was not expecting that because I believed that bending a lot from the hips would cause lower back pain. It feels kind of funny to set up that way and it is quite a change from being on the balls of the feet. The best thing was that I hit the driver straight and good distance the worst thing was some thins and fats with the irons. In general I was hitting it straighter then I have been lately. Of course I always do really well when I first change to a 'new' method so it is hard to say that I will be a better player doing this stuff. If it saves my back it will be worth though...

Regards, Herbert

September 14th, 2010, 5:34 pm #5

I signed up about a month ago to the website and it has some great videos. Chuck Quinton teaches not just the movements, but the feelings and what muscles should be used. It has really helped me reduce my swaying.

September 14th, 2010, 10:55 pm #6

I hit some balls this morning before work and I gave the setup a try. My back was a little sore from hitting balls yesterday and playing on Sunday. Setting up with the calves straight up and down and my butt way out behind me is a big change for me. The surprising thing was no pain in my lower back at all during or after full swings. I was not expecting that because I believed that bending a lot from the hips would cause lower back pain. It feels kind of funny to set up that way and it is quite a change from being on the balls of the feet. The best thing was that I hit the driver straight and good distance the worst thing was some thins and fats with the irons. In general I was hitting it straighter then I have been lately. Of course I always do really well when I first change to a 'new' method so it is hard to say that I will be a better player doing this stuff. If it saves my back it will be worth though...

Regards, Herbert
All I changed was the focus of the weight at address...everything else in my setup and swing I left the same. To learn the feel I would make four swings on manual with my light overspeed training club, focusing just on the weight on the heels. Then I would hit four shots on clearkey - for my pre-shot I would simply make a practice swing and focus on the weight....then move into my clearkey and hit the shot.

REALLY great contact, with a nice tight dispersion. I'd say another 5 yards on my irons too. Very straight. After about 8 shots I BEGAN HITTING SOME PULLS - I regrouped, focusing on head back ( in his video he mentions this as VERY important which I found interesting ) and the pulls went away for the rest of the group. But if that head comes forward at all, it is a pull. If the head stays back, it seems almost impossible to hit it anywhere but straight.

The big thing - no pain! I have barely a 25% rim of cartilage left in my lead knee and often after practicing or playing, it is very sore and hard to walk. After 18 walking if I don't ice it - forget about it the next day. Also, not a bit of my normal tightness or soreness in my lower back as i sit here and type this.

Definitely in the realm of "keeper material". Thanks for sharing.

September 15th, 2010, 12:48 am #7

No Country for OLD Men!

September 15th, 2010, 2:56 am #8

I sometimes look like that guy in the movie coming 18 carrying my bag....

But alas it IS...thanks to the cart!

September 15th, 2010, 2:11 pm #9

Regards, Herbert
For the last few weeks i've been fighting an occasional Shank in my mid irons....this is something I've not had to deal with since I first tried golfing. After seeing this post I realized I was falling forward...way to much weight on the balls of my feet. For some reason it was more pronounced with mid-irons...because I'm hitting my other clubs ok. Thanks for the tip!

September 16th, 2010, 6:53 pm #10

What do you think?

Regards, Herbert
You might find Dr. Broker's bio interesting. Looks like he is doing the sort of 'golf research' that you enjoy?
Regards, Herbert