I saw and ad on The Golf Channel...

I saw and ad on The Golf Channel...

December 3rd, 2011, 9:56 pm #1

for a product I thought would be of interest to the SA community.

Peter

hfd

December 3rd, 2011, 11:30 pm #2

I was so interested in these I had them shipped to the UK. I put them on several clubs and did a comparison test with similar clubs with conventional or mid size grips. The results were OK but nothing outstanding. The main problem is the weight (110Grams) a normal grip is about 50 grams so these grips play hell with swingweight and clubhead feel.

I subsequently took them off and tried some Winn Jumbos LITE (26grams) these increase the swingweight and you can really feel the clubhead. I have now re-gripped all my clubs with with the Winn Jumbo Lite.

HFD

December 6th, 2011, 11:12 pm #3

Peter
When Natural Golf was ran by Jack K, he sold some of the NG clubs with a weighted grip end and the regular NG grips. I had bought some of the clubs and had the weight placed in and regriped, didn't like the feel nor the increase weight of the club. The NG clubs were heavier than regular clubs to begin with.

The price of thes grips is pretty steep to me. Compared to getting a medium size and just adding tape. At the present time I use a medium golf pride tour grip with five wraps of tape under the butt end and 3 under the other. This works just fine. But the idea of these grips is good just the weight seems a bit too much.

December 6th, 2011, 11:26 pm #4

Peter suggested fiberglass drywall mesh tape as a light weight alternative build-up to the layers of masking or grip tape.

Many the LD competitors use larger grips as they say it is easier to hold on to with a relaxed grip while swinging hard.

Bubba Watson says on a TV commercial and I saw in Golf Digest that he has 12 layers under his grip.

Kevin

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

December 7th, 2011, 12:49 am #5

Peter
He used to tout this theory a long time ago, stated that if the grips were big enough, they forced you to have the right swing.

December 7th, 2011, 2:10 am #6

was that I figured out how to make large diameter grips that were relatively light. The bad news was that REALLY big grips did nothing to create the right swing.

Peter