Howdy

Howdy

June 19th, 2012, 8:03 am #1

First post from a serial lurker. So I've discovered LPG through this site and made a wrist brace to set my lead wrist. At first it felt like my whole upper body was in a plaster cast and the possibility of hitting the ball more than 50 meters was impossible. But after a couple of sessions at the range something clicked and I started hitting the ball ok. Can I just run through a couple of the feelings I've got about the swing and maybe some of the more experienced LPG guys can correct me. I'm a lefty.....that is I play left handed golf but I write and play ping pong etc right handed. my big worry is that LPG seems to be a trailing arm powered swing and my power arm is my leading arm. Is this going to be a big disadvantage in using the swing. At the range the other day I was gradually building up power to the point where I could hit my 7 Iron about 150 meters....thats about 10 meters short of my CG swing. The thing that impressed me was that in my CG swing my top hand dominance led to the possibility of a slice and a hook seemingly without any change in my input....just random and infuriating. The big difference as I see the LPG swing is the ball flight comes out with a strong boring draw, predictable and strangely accurate. I'm hoping there's more distance and accuracy to come. Cheers