Hogan's cupped left wrist

Hogan's cupped left wrist

October 8th, 2008, 11:28 pm #1

Is this talked about by Hogan anywhere other than the Aug 8 1955 Life Magazine article?

People tell me it is in Five Lessons but I can not find it.

Would appreciate site or way of seeing Life Article

October 10th, 2008, 4:05 am #2

I took a look in 'Five Lessons' also and did not find it. The closest that I saw is the drawing on page 102 of the supinating left hand.

It might be there somewhere though...

Regards, Herbert

October 10th, 2008, 1:03 pm #3

it's talked about in the dvd series on Hogan and it's also talked about in two other books I have about him. I don't know if this was part of his "secret" or not. Some believe so, but only part of it with the right knee being another part and now a turning of the lead elbow even yet another part. At any rate, the reason given for the cupping in his right hand was so that he could go at the ball as hard as he wanted with no fear of hooking it. With his weak grip to start with and opening the clubface on the backswing it made it all but impossible to hook. Good for Hogan, not so good for most imo.
Jerry

October 31st, 2008, 2:54 am #4

Is this talked about by Hogan anywhere other than the Aug 8 1955 Life Magazine article?

People tell me it is in Five Lessons but I can not find it.

Would appreciate site or way of seeing Life Article
The reference is in the Golf Digest interview with Hogan around 1987. He says to roll the left arm across the body on the backswing, which cups the wrist at the top. I have this article. BTW, where is the video of Hogan hitting balls into the ocean? I had it and lost it due to a computer crash.

Dave