Hogan Project: 1-26-12 Easing into the Waggle Phase 1 training...

Hogan Project: 1-26-12 Easing into the Waggle Phase 1 training...

January 27th, 2012, 4:06 am #1

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Still working on the tee-up, step-away, step-in. I notice that I am stepping into the hitting box with right foot too open.

Wanted to dabble with Step-in/Waggle Stage 1. Whew......lots going on there, and LOTS that needs understanding/tweeking.

0:36 Totally confused. Brain doesn't know how to translate what I described in words into physical movement.
0:56 Doing in my mind what I think the waggle should be.
1:25 A little later in the practice session. I've taken a few looks at my waggle vs Hogan to understand the differences.
1:55 My left, right, top, and bottom brain is fried.

January 27th, 2012, 5:25 pm #2

Last nite, I kind of dabbled with the settling of the left foot and Waggle Stage 1. Gonna take me a while to work all this out. The most impressive thing I've learned so far with the tee-up / step-away / step-in (grrrrrrrr. I'm getting tired of typing that whole name....gotta find a cool abbreviation....maybe TU-SA-SI or TUSASI lol) is that there is a distinct rythm to it. Almost like a dance. No, not almost like one....definitely one. You should have seen me when my wife and daughters were dancing to the Wii game. I stepped in and started doing the TUSASI as a dance. I have to find as many creative ways as possible to ingrain this into muscle memory. Also, when I drop something on the floor, or have to pick anything up from the floor, I ALWAYS do the TUSASI. I was in Kroger with my son and told him to drop something on the floor so I could pick it up lol. His comment "ugggggg, Dad....not HERE?! One of my friends may see me!" Of course he dropped it anyway, and I hit the TUSASI to the best of my ability, right there in the checkout line.

Another thing....I understand the generalities of the TU-SA-SI, but only from one angle; FO. I will need to analyze/compare to all the other angles I can find, because things may be different. So far, Shell Worldwide match Hole #5 is a good LR (left rear) angle. I will have to search for other angles of the TU-SA-SI. Same goes for Waggle Stage 1.

This whole project will go in cycles. The first 6 months was all about experimenting with different things to understand my physical capabilities/limitations and to get an overall feel for the new movement. Now, I'm working my way through the entire swing. When I work all the way through it, I will be kind of a white belt. I will then start all over again like I've never seen it before. Then I'll be a yellow belt.......and so on. And right now I'm proud to say I am a bright-eyed bushy tailed no-belt lol.

January 29th, 2012, 12:33 am #3

Funny that you should parallel your quest to martial arts.
I watched my grandson from white to black belt karate and I saw
practically every session. In fact the way that you are approaching
Hogan is very much the same in that it seems precise to the point of
seeming anal. If you continue and I hope you do it will lead to
mastery of the "dance". Of course it won't mean you will be
ready to leap in the ring and compete with champions but you will
own the "dance". I'm hoping you will continue to share your
journey here.

January 30th, 2012, 2:10 pm #4

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Still working on the tee-up, step-away, step-in. I notice that I am stepping into the hitting box with right foot too open.

Wanted to dabble with Step-in/Waggle Stage 1. Whew......lots going on there, and LOTS that needs understanding/tweeking.

0:36 Totally confused. Brain doesn't know how to translate what I described in words into physical movement.
0:56 Doing in my mind what I think the waggle should be.
1:25 A little later in the practice session. I've taken a few looks at my waggle vs Hogan to understand the differences.
1:55 My left, right, top, and bottom brain is fried.
............wouldn't you rather read threads that might help you become a better ball striker?? To me this has been a waste of space..........Better off kept to yourself...sorry, that's just how I feel.

January 31st, 2012, 12:38 am #5

Funny that you should parallel your quest to martial arts.
I watched my grandson from white to black belt karate and I saw
practically every session. In fact the way that you are approaching
Hogan is very much the same in that it seems precise to the point of
seeming anal. If you continue and I hope you do it will lead to
mastery of the "dance". Of course it won't mean you will be
ready to leap in the ring and compete with champions but you will
own the "dance". I'm hoping you will continue to share your
journey here.
Yep bird, I won't be ready for my white belt in Hogan mechanics until I work my way through the whole swing. It's been tough since January because I have been so focused on the TUSASI. That means no hitting of balls (besides the 1 I have to hit after each training session just to keep myself sane). When I got into this project, I never had any plans of the TUSASI. I was only concerned about the swing itself, from takeaway to finish. I really didn't think much of the waggle because I thought it was just him moving the club back and forth; what could be difficult or dynamic about that? Whew, I was wrong. There's LOTS going on in the TUSASI and waggle. I'm not sure if any of it translates to the swing itself, but I want to see how close I can come to all of it. I plan to work towards the chip shot and even the putting stroke. Regarding the putting stroke, I don't see how he could have been effective with it, or any of the old-timers out there. Most of the strokes appeared to be veeeeerrrrry wristy. I don't think I would ever use his putting style when I'm on the course with my buddies because it doesn't look accurate or consistent (We're competing for a small pot of cash and a trophy throughout the season), but I would use it if I was up by a bunch of strokes. I like more of a Tiger style of putting setup. But I'll still be doing Hogan's to make the project complete.

January 31st, 2012, 10:22 pm #6

............wouldn't you rather read threads that might help you become a better ball striker?? To me this has been a waste of space..........Better off kept to yourself...sorry, that's just how I feel.
Seems okay to me. I have noticed that sometimes great stuff comes from people that don't listen to what everyone else thinks... LOL not most of the time though... I don't bother to read much of it anyway.

Regards, Herbert

February 1st, 2012, 2:58 am #7

if your goal is to become a better ball striker. But that is not my goal. Mine is only to see if I can train my mind and body to have a different golf swing. I was already an ok ballstriker before I started the project.

And you probably missed my explanation somewhere scattered in my threads, but this is a science project or PhD thesis, whichever you choose. There's a thesis, and hypothesis, experiments, etc.

My apology administrator and other forum members. If my journal is a waste of space please delete it. I completely understand.

February 1st, 2012, 4:30 am #8

How many of us have gotten in our vehicle with a pocket full hard-earned money, then purposefully driven ourselves to a driving range. Got out of the vehicle. Walked inside. Gave the pro shop guy (or gal) our money in exchange for a large bucket of balls. Walked over to the range. Stretched. Did many practice swings. Hit every ball we just purchased back to the driving range. Got back in our vehicle, and drove away with nothing to show for our hard-earned money. And continuously repeat this addiction week after week.

Lolol....I'm guilty lololol. I need to be on a funny farm.

February 1st, 2012, 5:52 am #9

if your goal is to become a better ball striker. But that is not my goal. Mine is only to see if I can train my mind and body to have a different golf swing. I was already an ok ballstriker before I started the project.

And you probably missed my explanation somewhere scattered in my threads, but this is a science project or PhD thesis, whichever you choose. There's a thesis, and hypothesis, experiments, etc.

My apology administrator and other forum members. If my journal is a waste of space please delete it. I completely understand.
No way! Keep em coming!

LOL if your posts are a waste of time then so are all of the other posts. If that is so then the entire forum is a waste of time and if the entire forum is a waste of time then that makes the entire internet a waste of time. If the entire internet is a waste of time then that is an indictment of our American way of life and everyone else in the world also... Well my friend I am not going to sit here idly while you insult the United States of America!

So keep posting!

Regards, Herbert

February 1st, 2012, 8:11 am #10

With the very greatest respect Anthony, if this is work for a thesis then I'm afraid you're only confirming my suspicion that much of modern Higher Education is misdirected drivel !