Has Big Grip Golf Gone Out Of Business?

Has Big Grip Golf Gone Out Of Business?

June 5th, 2012, 9:04 pm #1

I have been trying to contact them for two weeks to order some of their large grips.
So far I have not been able to get a response. I did hear on the answering machine the name "Arlyne" which I recall is the person who has full filled my previous orders.

If they are not longer in business, is there a source of the grips they had been providing?

Thanks.

June 6th, 2012, 1:20 am #2

When the economy fell off a cliff things got tight and Tom needed to find other work. I don't know the status of the business beyond that.

There are other grips that are similar (non-tapered, same diameter). If you want I may have some BGG grips; I know I have a bunch of non-tapered grips (I've used Crossline Jumbos with my special build up for a while). I'll let you know.

Peter

June 6th, 2012, 1:38 pm #3

I have been trying to contact them for two weeks to order some of their large grips.
So far I have not been able to get a response. I did hear on the answering machine the name "Arlyne" which I recall is the person who has full filled my previous orders.

If they are not longer in business, is there a source of the grips they had been providing?

Thanks.
Golf Pride also makes the new Tour Wrap in a jumbo size and if feels really good. I didn't need any special tape build up on it. Give it a look.

June 7th, 2012, 1:53 pm #4

I e-mailed them yesterday, but still no reply. The Jumbo GP's you mentioned also have limited taper toward lower hand. Guess since no one knows the source of BGG's grips I'll have to use the GP's for my customers.

Thanks for the info.

Watson

June 7th, 2012, 4:33 pm #5

Golf Pride also makes the new Tour Wrap in a jumbo size and if feels really good. I didn't need any special tape build up on it. Give it a look.
It looks like the Unified and Torpedo Natural grips from LongShot Golf might be a good substitute for the BGG's and about half the price and for even the GP's.

June 7th, 2012, 11:37 pm #6

Be careful of some of the grips online. Some of them, although they don't taper, are too big. I don't know what size your hands are but mine are large and the Golf Pride Tour Wrap Jumbo grips I mentioned are perfect for me. Even though they taper a little the lower part of the grip is just right for my hand. At least give them a look if you have a shop close to you that has them before ordering some of the other grips online.

June 8th, 2012, 1:28 pm #7

I have the Golf Pride grips and will compare them with the two from Longshot Golf. I have fairly large hands, but also use more of a palm grip (HSS or Straight Lock grip). Thanks for the info.

Watson

gsw

June 8th, 2012, 5:40 pm #8

Hi Watson

You mentioned the Straight Lock Grip. Do you use the straight lock grip? I have tried it from time to time with varying degrees of success. Do you have much success with the straight lock?

Stan

June 9th, 2012, 10:27 am #9

I have found that the straight lock grip works well for me. I am still doing the HSS swing and the grip seems compatible. Since I have always had a hard time involving my shoulders with HSS I have also incorporated the MGS twist. Both of these changes seems to give me a better release in my swing.

Watson

June 14th, 2012, 3:42 pm #10

I have the Golf Pride grips and will compare them with the two from Longshot Golf. I have fairly large hands, but also use more of a palm grip (HSS or Straight Lock grip). Thanks for the info.

Watson
Still not heard from BGG. The substitute BBG grips(plus 1/16) I have looked at are:

From Longshot: Torpedo Plus non-tapered 1/32; Unified standard ladies

Golf Pride: Tour Wrap 2G plus 1/16

Lamkin: REL 3Gen Jumbo

Grip One: (golfworks) nontapered Plus 1/16

The only ones close and non-tapered are the Torpedo and the Grips One. However the textures are not close to the BBG grip. I do like the texture of the Lamkin and Golf Pride.