Get back to the basics.

Get back to the basics.

February 19th, 2012, 9:07 pm #1

Get your Moe grip (ten finger) and single-axis swing going again. This is the SA Forum,after all.

Where is Kevin? I need him to make another donation to my retirement fund

Cheers,Bob
F47 - USA

Regards,
Bob

gsw

February 19th, 2012, 9:19 pm #2

I never deviated from my SA setup or ten finger grip. I am working a bit more on LPG or E2E these days but those swings are still SA.

Stan

February 20th, 2012, 2:07 am #3

Get your Moe grip (ten finger) and single-axis swing going again. This is the SA Forum,after all.

Where is Kevin? I need him to make another donation to my retirement fund

Cheers,Bob
F47 - USA

come and they go but the gallery survives

Peter
Last edited by sagf_moderator on February 20th, 2012, 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 21st, 2012, 6:52 pm #4

I never deviated from my SA setup or ten finger grip. I am working a bit more on LPG or E2E these days but those swings are still SA.

Stan
Thanks for reminding me of LPG; it's a great swing for people with back problems.

Cheers,Bob
F47 - USA

Regards,
Bob

February 25th, 2012, 5:48 pm #5

Peter

Cheers,Bob
F47 - USA

Regards,
Bob

February 26th, 2012, 1:55 pm #6

Tom, Scott, and Moe...the rest are not "SA".

Our best SA golfer - Lyle A., years ago talking about Bertholy, (and how he is not SA) - "....at Impact everyone is SA". Cleared a lot of things up for me.

And it looks like we certainly have "gotten back to basics" ( read normal )...we have a post about floating balls, E2E, a search for BGG dvd, and your substantive(sic) Amen post...that's it in about a weeks time. Definitely back to normal!

Hey, could I get added to that gallery....here is a still using my not quite SA aligned and SA aligned - G - ( shhh!) swing:

Cheers,

Kevin
The Authentic Golfer
A Blueprint For Golf Excellence
The MGS Approach
The MGS Forum

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

February 26th, 2012, 4:56 pm #7

Peter
Peter your response from 11/03/11 concerning the similarities between your SA swing and the MGS swing
"My swing has my hands no more than shoulder height. My swing has my tilt away from the target pre-set at address. My swing has no weight shift away from the target beyond what is caused by shoulder turn".
Peter, your input, critiques and analysis have been very interesting and insightful. Your analytic opinion would be greatly appreciated by former SA golfers on why you think they are having success with the MGS swing.

This discussion board has been so valuable in my quest in searching for a repeatable accurate golf swing. The Moe Norman story which I became aware of through this site was very intriguing and interesting. My opinion concerning his swing greatness was his all encompassing obsession with ball striking perfection, a abnormal heightened focus and passion for for practicing his golf swing. If Moe could have directed some of this dedication to putting, course management ect. he would have had much more success on the pro tours. Adapting the SA swing in his later years played a very minor part in him being a ball striker extraordinaire. I have used the single axis BGG swing and the SS swing method which were taught by former Moe inspired instructors. Neither swing produced better accuracy then my conventional golf swing. Many set up techniques and drills from various SA swing methods are still used in my MGS swing.

Thanks for all the time and work in keeping this discussion board running.

February 26th, 2012, 9:42 pm #8

Tom, Scott, and Moe...the rest are not "SA".

Our best SA golfer - Lyle A., years ago talking about Bertholy, (and how he is not SA) - "....at Impact everyone is SA". Cleared a lot of things up for me.

And it looks like we certainly have "gotten back to basics" ( read normal )...we have a post about floating balls, E2E, a search for BGG dvd, and your substantive(sic) Amen post...that's it in about a weeks time. Definitely back to normal!

Hey, could I get added to that gallery....here is a still using my not quite SA aligned and SA aligned - G - ( shhh!) swing:

Cheers,

Kevin
The Authentic Golfer
A Blueprint For Golf Excellence
The MGS Approach
The MGS Forum

Kevin - Your MGS swing looks a lot better to me at 6/100.

Tom

February 27th, 2012, 11:30 pm #9

Peter your response from 11/03/11 concerning the similarities between your SA swing and the MGS swing
"My swing has my hands no more than shoulder height. My swing has my tilt away from the target pre-set at address. My swing has no weight shift away from the target beyond what is caused by shoulder turn".
Peter, your input, critiques and analysis have been very interesting and insightful. Your analytic opinion would be greatly appreciated by former SA golfers on why you think they are having success with the MGS swing.

This discussion board has been so valuable in my quest in searching for a repeatable accurate golf swing. The Moe Norman story which I became aware of through this site was very intriguing and interesting. My opinion concerning his swing greatness was his all encompassing obsession with ball striking perfection, a abnormal heightened focus and passion for for practicing his golf swing. If Moe could have directed some of this dedication to putting, course management ect. he would have had much more success on the pro tours. Adapting the SA swing in his later years played a very minor part in him being a ball striker extraordinaire. I have used the single axis BGG swing and the SS swing method which were taught by former Moe inspired instructors. Neither swing produced better accuracy then my conventional golf swing. Many set up techniques and drills from various SA swing methods are still used in my MGS swing.

Thanks for all the time and work in keeping this discussion board running.
in the other thread where you posted this.

February 28th, 2012, 3:08 am #10

Kevin - Your MGS swing looks a lot better to me at 6/100.

Tom
Thanks Tom, coming from you with your discerning eye means alot...others have said the same too.

Left is pre-mgs style...right is MGS. Both swings were made with SA alignment.