First time out with MGS a total disaster.

First time out with MGS a total disaster.

November 24th, 2011, 6:01 am #1

Got into the rotate and bend setup, let my left arm rise up against my chest without moving any other body parts, then started the downswing.

When I wasn't hitting the ground in back of the ball, I was hitting dead straight low pushes, and on occasion a low pull hook. Could not get one single good shot off trying this method.

This swing reminds me of Simple Golf, another preset position swing where you just turn back and turn through, never could get that swing to work either.

November 24th, 2011, 1:28 pm #2

Chaz I dont know you but we have chatted in several other forums. I assume its the same and only Chaz.

But let me say why do you put ypurself through this? You just learned about this swing and expect it to instantly work without puting in the time..(This goes for any other swing method)

Did it ever occur that you just cant make a good enough dynamic move for golf. years ago you were out of shape and over weight. I dont know now but unless you went through a life changing alteration and got on a physical fitness program, not mutch is going to change.

As I recall you could barely make a 3/4 swing so now you try MGS and Oh yea how are those pings doing for yah, its not the clubs man, re-evaluate yourself. If you have fun experimenting thats fine.

Yes I suck when compared to good players but can shoot a smooth low 80's any time from the middle T's. Thats my reality not the back T's. When I play with good players they tell me I belong with them in the back, I tell them I dont have fun and struggle. Play your own game.

Funny I just turned 46 and I have never scored better and had so much fun. When Moe said its a walk in the park, I know understand.

Only great golf for you Chaz good luck.

November 24th, 2011, 1:56 pm #3

Got into the rotate and bend setup, let my left arm rise up against my chest without moving any other body parts, then started the downswing.

When I wasn't hitting the ground in back of the ball, I was hitting dead straight low pushes, and on occasion a low pull hook. Could not get one single good shot off trying this method.

This swing reminds me of Simple Golf, another preset position swing where you just turn back and turn through, never could get that swing to work either.
similar results but I still try it for a couple of holes
sometimes and you get better with it. My problem with it
was target awareness suffered when I twisted (I let my
head and eyes go with the twist). Once I corrected that
I made progress with it. To me it's kind of an opposite
method to Carl Lohren who uses square feet open shoulders.
MGS is square feet closed shoulders which should promote
a slight draw if you don't lose the target. Like most things
if you exaggerate it you lose effectiveness.

November 24th, 2011, 5:58 pm #4

...a mile away - LOL!

November 24th, 2011, 8:08 pm #5

Chaz I dont know you but we have chatted in several other forums. I assume its the same and only Chaz.

But let me say why do you put ypurself through this? You just learned about this swing and expect it to instantly work without puting in the time..(This goes for any other swing method)

Did it ever occur that you just cant make a good enough dynamic move for golf. years ago you were out of shape and over weight. I dont know now but unless you went through a life changing alteration and got on a physical fitness program, not mutch is going to change.

As I recall you could barely make a 3/4 swing so now you try MGS and Oh yea how are those pings doing for yah, its not the clubs man, re-evaluate yourself. If you have fun experimenting thats fine.

Yes I suck when compared to good players but can shoot a smooth low 80's any time from the middle T's. Thats my reality not the back T's. When I play with good players they tell me I belong with them in the back, I tell them I dont have fun and struggle. Play your own game.

Funny I just turned 46 and I have never scored better and had so much fun. When Moe said its a walk in the park, I know understand.

Always looking for the ever elusive repeatable swing.

MGS is a 3/4 swing, probably not even that, more of a preset, 1/2 swing.

I'm 65, overweight, but still amazingly flexible, no aches, no pains, no bad hips, knees, shoulders, back or elbows. Golf has never put a hurt on my body playing it.

November 24th, 2011, 8:15 pm #6

similar results but I still try it for a couple of holes
sometimes and you get better with it. My problem with it
was target awareness suffered when I twisted (I let my
head and eyes go with the twist). Once I corrected that
I made progress with it. To me it's kind of an opposite
method to Carl Lohren who uses square feet open shoulders.
MGS is square feet closed shoulders which should promote
a slight draw if you don't lose the target. Like most things
if you exaggerate it you lose effectiveness.
Every other goofy swing I have tried gave me at least one or two decent shots to keep my appetite wet, this one nothing!

November 24th, 2011, 8:28 pm #7

Always looking for the ever elusive repeatable swing.

MGS is a 3/4 swing, probably not even that, more of a preset, 1/2 swing.

I'm 65, overweight, but still amazingly flexible, no aches, no pains, no bad hips, knees, shoulders, back or elbows. Golf has never put a hurt on my body playing it.
I think what you think is flexible is probably very different than someone who is just marginally truly flexible. Thats why I mentione in my previous post you need to truly re-evaluate yourself.

From the stand point of can you physicaly make the moves vs you think you can make the moves.

I thought I was truly flexible also, a year go I purchased the Graves Flexibility dvd I failed half of the tests. So for this winter just get into the gym or at home and work on your physicality strengh speed and flexibility, do laps in the pool, I think this would do you better than trying the swing of the month.

The image on your old forum of you at impact says it all.

But after saying all of this I have played with older players and all they do is swing there arms and role there wrists. Maybe all you have to do is that and not look for perfection...jus make the Chaz swing.

any how enjoy your journey and keep us up to date on your progress. Hope you play fantastic, Pedro

November 24th, 2011, 11:17 pm #8

Every other goofy swing I have tried gave me at least one or two decent shots to keep my appetite wet, this one nothing!
...if you come off that back foot to early. Since the swing is minimalist feel like you stay on your right side while keeping your leg straight and head still, then slap the ball with an arm swing. If you come out of the shot or stance to early the results will be poor. The beauty of the swing is it's simplicity. If you try to shift to the left side like CG you'll come out of your stance...keep it simple. Think steady head over a straight leg. This is all IMO. Don't give up.

I come in peace...

November 25th, 2011, 3:35 am #9

Many overweight and downright fat people are in denial as to how bad their situation is.

Nothing against them personally, they may be fine peop;e, but being overrweight imposes severe limitations on what one can accomplish physically. Someone who has extra pounds may think they are flexible and athletic, it is all a form of self delusion.

While golf is perhaps not as athletic as some sports, it still requires a certain level of flexibility and strength. Someone who is overwieght and wants to improve, should first seek out a physician and a undertake a rigourous program of diet and exercise under the supervision of that physician. WIth time, that person will not only feel better physically, they will feel better about themselves emotinally. And they will be able to do things physicially they could only dream about before.

Obesity is a real problem. Employers don't want fat people. It shows a lack of self pride, plus fat people get sick more and when they get sick, they tend to get real sick. I wonder what most fat people see when they look in the mirror.

I can tell to you from my own experience. I was a long term smoker. I finally decided to quit. Walking up stairs or walking 3 holes of golf and being totally winded was not very fun. I was in denial about my smoking. But I finally quit, and turned to eating. I gained 40 pounds in two years. My golf game suffered, my general flexibility suffered, ,my self esteem suffered. I looked in the mirror, could not see the slim babe I once was. I went to a gym, hired a trainer, and after six months, I shed a lot of that weight, and looked and felt a whole lot better. My family was so proud of me. I look at those old pictures now, I could literally puke what I looked like.

I don't care what golf method someone adopts, it will be very difficult if you have a large rotund body to swing around. If you are seeking some miracle swing out there, what delusion!! Your body is working against you, it will not work with you. There is nothing nice about obesity. It is a serious condition. Ever hear of diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, hypertension, stroke, heart disease. Don't take my word for it, obesity is a major risk factor. I would advise anyone who is truly obese, to see this as a very serious medical condition and work on this condition first before you worry about a great golf swing, that can come later. There is nothing cute or humerous about being obese, it you think it is, you are in some form of denial. Sadly, many obese live in denial and never get it. I was overweight once, take it from me, there is no greater feeling when you finally "get it" and shed those ugly pounds!

Sally

November 25th, 2011, 4:17 am #10

a number of sports where the people ore 'obese' but never the less EXTREMELY flexible. Olympic weightlifting and sumo are just two examples. While obesity is a problem in the US it is definitely NOT universal that an obese person that says they are extremely flexible are deluding themselves and the level of flexibility required for golf is not nearly as extreme as the sports I've named.

Peter