E2E swing?

E2E swing?

gsw

February 22nd, 2011, 4:38 am #1

I have heard a bit about JK's E2E swing but I have no idea what it is. I know what LPG is. Can anyone out there tell me how the E2E swing works?

Stan

February 22nd, 2011, 6:29 pm #2

My brother in law is a member of the site and i took some notes from it when he gave me a look at it which is why I am interested in the older LPG swing and videos. i hope this helps.

Grip:

Both hands use the palm/lifeline grip the left hand/arm is startght and stays that way like most single axis swings. Raight hand/wrist is precocked like your pushing on a wall and stays that way through the whole swing.

Version 1:

- The elbows are touching the body just above the hips.
- You cannot get too close to the ball.

- Pull the right elbow around the body.
- The hands are clamps and have NO motion in any direction.
- This is the end of the takaway. The knuckles of both hands point at the ground.

- Vigrously pull the left elbow around the left side.
- Hammer with the right hand.
- Hips move laterally.
- Keep spine rotation to a minimum.

- Vigorously pull the left arm around your left side while hammering hard with the right hand. Resist rotating the sping until after impact.
- Move the elbows around the body with minimal spine rotation.

-The hips and knees slide slightly to the left.
- Try to restrict ALL rotation
motion of the hips and lower
body.

- Move both thumbs to the inside of the left shoulder.
- The left elbow continues up and back behind your back.
- Keep both feet on the ground.

Version 2 from my notes:

You must be closer to the ball. The right elbow should be touching your right side just in front of the right hip.
Very open stance with feet, hips and shoulders.
Very short backstroke. Hands never go above the right shoulder. Take the club back like you would a hammer. Make the backstroke as flat as possible.
The hands remain passive through out the stroke no cocking and uncocking of the hands.
The forward stroke is initiated with the left elbow moving around and close to the left side of the body.
The left elbow moves straight around the left side of the body, not up or away from the body.
Keep the spine from rotating until the left elbow passes the left hip.

1. If you rotate the spine, you will hit the ball left.

2. Body motion will be to support the powerful hammer motion of the right hand and the slapping motion of the back of the left hand. As you create an action with the arm motion, the body must move as a reaction for support.

The feet stay flat on the ground throughout the entire stroke.
Finish with the right thumb touching the front of the chest near the left shoulder.

February 22nd, 2011, 7:42 pm #3

I have heard a bit about JK's E2E swing but I have no idea what it is. I know what LPG is. Can anyone out there tell me how the E2E swing works?

Stan
If you chicken-wing in your forward swing you're a natural for E2E. All you do is make a short back swing ( no wrist ), slap at the ball with the back of your forward hand while doing the chicken-wing thing finishing with your hands touching your forward shoulder. According to JK you're shortening the radius with E2E giving you more club head speed.

Igit

February 24th, 2011, 12:40 am #4

Stan
I have read the description and I have seen it demoed. I still can't quite figure out how it works though... It seems to be a very short swing at any rate...

Gary Travis teaches it:
http://www.garytravisgolf.com/

Maybe if you ever get down to Texas you can check it out!

Regards, Herbert

February 24th, 2011, 1:35 am #5

Stan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Oh6ANE_AG4

Herbert

February 24th, 2011, 4:13 am #6

Grief!

February 24th, 2011, 5:47 pm #7

Back to the hammer <n/t>

February 24th, 2011, 7:51 pm #8

That is about the strangest swing I have seen.

He says about 1:25 into the video something to the effect. That he can take this hammer around him, and swing it back to impact without even having to turn away from the ball. Problem is that he turned totally away from the ball. LOL

To many false claims to go into it any more then that, but I see little to no resemblance of a swing that can hit a golf ball effectively. At least not as demonstrated in the video.

Best regards,

Ham

February 24th, 2011, 8:34 pm #9

bizare? That is a rather bizarre speeeeeliinng....

Apparently the swing works for some:
http://www.kuykendallgolf.com/docinformation.cfm?id=548
I read somewhere that Travis is having good success with his youth golf team so maybe the swing actually does work...

Regards, Herbert

February 25th, 2011, 12:51 am #10

I took a short lesson from Travis on E2E in Texas. It didn't impress me at all, possibly if I were able to take a series of E2E lessons from Travis I would have more insight to the method. Travis is a large person being a good ball striker with an exceptional short game. His short game was what JK calls the death grip which is actually the Simple Swing grip.

Igit