Don Trahan

Don Trahan

April 27th, 2011, 3:51 pm #1

Hi,
I went back to my old Video's of Don Trahan.
I went out to the range and gave it a try again. I think its the method I used about 6 years ago when I was shooting my best scores.. After about 40 books and 40 video's and lots
of experimenting, I lost track of that method.
Can someone tell me whats happened to Don.
I know he had PPGS and now its not there. At one time he
had a Video of the Week and lots of emails out. I put all that
on ignore. Now, after watching his VHS Tapes put to DVD and trying his swing by the book,I will probably continue on with it. BTY,, I am using Single Axis 10 finger grip with it.
Like I said, It is working well the two times I have tried it
at the range..
Whats the story with him,, I know he had a double or triple
bypass, I think not to long ago.. He had a video where he hadn't hit balls at all for 4 months, and the Vid was on his
1st swing back.. It looked great to me.. It is on Youtube.
Thanks Guys
Ron rofox

April 27th, 2011, 5:05 pm #2

Trahan's site for PPG has been taken over by the Swing Machine guy
and is now called Revolution golf. Trahan has a new site at
swingsurgeon.com.

I don't know what happened but it appears that Don sold his site
to Paul Wilson.

gsw

April 27th, 2011, 11:08 pm #3

I am a paying member of the PPGS I was getting an email a day from Don however lately I have not been receiving any emails. I have not tried to log in since the change over. I did find that Don is still onhttp://www.swingsurgeon.com/ II will dig up my login information and see if I can still logon.

Stan

April 28th, 2011, 5:16 am #4

Trahan's site for PPG has been taken over by the Swing Machine guy
and is now called Revolution golf. Trahan has a new site at
swingsurgeon.com.

I don't know what happened but it appears that Don sold his site
to Paul Wilson.
Thanks CD,
I will look at that site.
Stan, I like your post on DT's Swing

Ron rofox

April 28th, 2011, 3:17 pm #5

Hi,
I went out to the range and gave it a try again. I think its the method I used about 6 years ago when I was shooting my best scores.. After about 40 books and 40 video's and lots
on ignore. Now, after watching his VHS Tapes put to DVD and trying his swing by the book,I will probably continue on with it. BTY,, I am using Single Axis 10 finger grip with it.
at the range..
bypass, I think not to long ago.. He had a video where he hadn't hit balls at all for 4 months, and the Vid was on his
Thanks Guys
Ron rofox
How is your ball flight with the Trahan swing?

gsw

April 28th, 2011, 4:51 pm #6

Hi,
at the range..
Thanks Guys
Ron rofox
I can still logon to the PPGS site which is now called revolution golf and access the instruction that I paid for. The instruction material is the same as before with Don Trahan and DJ Trahan but just with a different name. When I went to the new Don Trahan sitehttp://www.swingsurgeon.com/ I cannot logon with my username and password I think I will need to sign up again with Don to access his new site. It does appear that Don sold his old site to Paul Wilson and he is simply selling the same product that Don was selling and calling it Revolution Golf and the Swing Machine. I think that Don Trahan is a very good business man and probably made a lot of money from the PPGS and cashed in and moved on.

Stan

April 28th, 2011, 7:43 pm #7

Well, to Don Trahan's credit I will just say that he has been teaching pretty much the same thing for a long time. I haven't looked at his new site and can't say if he has changed anything but I have an old book of his that was published either when DJ was a baby or not even born and this book is basically the same as the PPGS. It may have seen some slight changes over the years but still basically the same. Don't know what the web site change is all about though. I don't use his method but I do believe that he believes in what he's teaching and not just making a quick buck and moving on.

April 29th, 2011, 1:53 am #8

How is your ball flight with the Trahan swing?
I haven't notice any difference from my one plane Chuck Quinton Swing I was using. I stand more upright now and am getting more center hits.I was hitting slightly on the toe before.
I do deviate my stance from Dons outward pressure knees.
so I'm not pure Trahan.
I was a beta tester for Simple Golf's (Symple Swing)
Straight Lock Stance. I now use that for lower body rotation.
Not much rotation though with Don's 3/4 Full swing.
Left Arm Horizontal to the ground. I did have a problem
with swaying with the conventional rotation (arms across chest
and hip to heel, hip to heel) So now I use the SLS (my acronym,
not theirs)
Together, SS and Don Trahan, I am hitting straighter and more
consistent. Simple Swing has an e-book out now that describes the Straight Lock Stance.
Other people may have a different result,, but it works for me.

Ron rofox

May 1st, 2011, 12:20 pm #9

Hi,
at the range..
Thanks Guys
Ron rofox
I saw his video on youtube, the one you mentioned. That was the first time I could actually see what he teaches, without buying or signing up. I should save the video onto my PC, because I am interested in it.

This year's start of the season, like every year since I began SA, I am reminded of how much effort and timing is actually required to make proper impact with SA. It is not at all natural for me. I find it very frustrating to lose it all over the winter and have to find it again. Having the arms at full extension throughout is not the natural way to propel something. I have played pretty good golf with SA but I sure am tired of fighting so hard to achieve good impact and to a lesser extent, good distance. Even when not done particularly well, though, SA makes one's misses much, much more playable, and to me that is its greatest benefit, beyond it being easy on my body.

Last year it bugged me enough that I learned Stack & Tilt. For me it was much easier to make better impact. But it was too hard on my back and my lead knee. Those are my two health issues that any golf swing has to work around. So I'm interested in other swings that are easy on the body.

This year I am very tempted to try Don Trahan's swing. I messed with it on the range and was hitting the ball pure almost immediately. And I think with more power. It felt very natural. The release and impact are easier and better. So I have a dilemma. I think I will continue with my makeshift Trahan swing until I hit a snag. Then make a decision to buy into it and learn it properly, or back to SA.

gsw

May 2nd, 2011, 12:57 am #10

Hi Snowman

You can do the Trahan swing with a SA grip. That is what I do and my grip is rotated to the right like HSS. I setup in the IMA pre-impact position but with my hands turned to the right in the HSS position and my hands are slightly separated. To make my back swing I just do the IMA impact backwards drills and stop at the number five position. So my swing is an IMA/HSS/Trahan/homemade mess of a SA swing. But it works and it is a SA swing.

Stan