BGG forum

BGG forum

June 28th, 2009, 1:29 am #1

I attempted to log onto the BGG forum today. To my surprise, I was greeted with a statement "The forum was deleted by it's owner." Does this mean that BGG is a thing of the past? The forum has been very slow the past year or so. Not much activity. Just curious.

Garb

gsw

June 30th, 2009, 6:11 pm #2

But I just bought grips from them a few weeks ago. I called that number that was on the old BGG forum 1-800-800-6116 and left a message and Tom's wife called me back and I was able to place my order with no problem.

Stan

July 1st, 2009, 9:54 pm #3

I attempted to log onto the BGG forum today. To my surprise, I was greeted with a statement "The forum was deleted by it's owner." Does this mean that BGG is a thing of the past? The forum has been very slow the past year or so. Not much activity. Just curious.

Garb
Tom Sanders is a class act and a great instructor. I know in the last couple of years he has had other irons in the "income" fire and has probably moved on to other fields.

I wish him the best in any of his endevours.

gsw

July 6th, 2009, 6:14 pm #4

Tom Sanders seemed to be a very honest and trustworty person. Tom is selling diesel engines for a living now but his wife is still selling the BGG grips.

Stan

gsw

July 7th, 2009, 11:45 am #5

Garb
Here is a link to ithttp://www.bettergolfguaranteed.com/

Stan

July 10th, 2009, 3:23 pm #6

Tom Sanders seemed to be a very honest and trustworty person. Tom is selling diesel engines for a living now but his wife is still selling the BGG grips.

Stan
Stan, you might remember a couple years back, I made a post on Tom's forum making a plea for more posts from the members.

He completely misunderstood the post and went crazy. He banned me from the forum and made a few negative comments in my direction.

I had purchased his videos and even had four of his woods when this happened. After that incident, I didn't have much for him.

Seems to me that something must have been bothering him at that time for him to act so paranoid.

gsw

July 11th, 2009, 1:44 am #7

I also thought that it was comletly out of character of Tom to act that way.

Stan

July 11th, 2009, 10:37 am #8

Garb
Well let me say you are letting BGG off the hook very easy.In all do respect to Tom, just before there were hints of inactivity on the sight There were still insinuations of new things coming out, like a putter new DVD's, etc, never came to be, I would ask many times what is going on on the BGG sight, the answer would be we are so busy with teaching and building clubs.

At about that time frame I found out that Tom did not build all the clubs, In fact I had ordered a set long time ago Took them apart to check the flow and spine, and they were so off I would been been better off with off the rack.

Now we see that is not the case. Just a bit of honesty would be nice, just let the people know what is going on. So now BGG customers are in limbo. so I think you guys are ltting them get off pretty easy. Just because I dont post does not mean I am not around.

I have gotten my hcp down to just over an 8 playing once a week if lucky mostly by reading on this sight, so I am not a newbey trust me. But I thank everyone here for there opinions and advice.

Cheers Pedro

July 11th, 2009, 1:56 pm #9

Stan, you might remember a couple years back, I made a post on Tom's forum making a plea for more posts from the members.

He completely misunderstood the post and went crazy. He banned me from the forum and made a few negative comments in my direction.

I had purchased his videos and even had four of his woods when this happened. After that incident, I didn't have much for him.

Seems to me that something must have been bothering him at that time for him to act so paranoid.
I had a similar experience on the BGG forum. A couple of years ago, I was deep into learning the BGG system. I purchased the BGG training tapes, a dozen BGG grips, and a complete set of BGG irons. A couple of months after these purchases, I made a statement on the forum about the difficultly I was having installing the BGG grips on my woods. Tom came unglued and threw me off his forum. As a result, I dumped the training tapes, gave the new set of irons to a local charity, and went back to my old CG swing. I never could understand why Tom was so upset over my comments. Anyway, he lost a customer and BGG student. I'm not surprised his forum is now shutdown.

July 11th, 2009, 5:25 pm #10

Well let me say you are letting BGG off the hook very easy.In all do respect to Tom, just before there were hints of inactivity on the sight There were still insinuations of new things coming out, like a putter new DVD's, etc, never came to be, I would ask many times what is going on on the BGG sight, the answer would be we are so busy with teaching and building clubs.

At about that time frame I found out that Tom did not build all the clubs, In fact I had ordered a set long time ago Took them apart to check the flow and spine, and they were so off I would been been better off with off the rack.

Now we see that is not the case. Just a bit of honesty would be nice, just let the people know what is going on. So now BGG customers are in limbo. so I think you guys are ltting them get off pretty easy. Just because I dont post does not mean I am not around.

I have gotten my hcp down to just over an 8 playing once a week if lucky mostly by reading on this sight, so I am not a newbey trust me. But I thank everyone here for there opinions and advice.

Cheers Pedro
Hi Pedro,

Getting down to an 8 is pretty good. Are you planning to go lower??? I am stuck at about a 12 right now so I sure would like to get back down to your level. Hmmm that does not sound exactly right does it?

I remember Tom making some posts here that I thought were rather odd also. Maybe he just sees things a bit differently then most folks do...

Anyway your game is quite a testimonial for this site! If Peter ever gets the links at the top of the forum working again maybe he can add a testimonial section!

Regards, Herbert