Back and Golf

Back and Golf

February 11th, 2011, 5:37 pm #1

I was a chiropractor for 30 years and in my career treated thousands of golfers with low back pain. The photographs shown give a clear indication why the Trahan swing causes less discomfort in the low back. A neutral back or flat low back is not causing stress on first, the disc and second, the facets. The facets are the part of the back that join each segment. Usually the low back has 5, occasionally 6. In the low back the facets are designed for flexion (forward bending) and extension (backward bending). Rotation causes irritation in the joint capsule. NG and other SA methods along with Trahan reduce the stressful pain-inducing positions.

February 13th, 2011, 12:20 am #2

Here are the pictures mentioned by Randy. DJ Trahan on the left and Dustin Johnson on the right:

Herbert

gsw

February 14th, 2011, 3:30 pm #3

I was a chiropractor for 30 years and in my career treated thousands of golfers with low back pain. The photographs shown give a clear indication why the Trahan swing causes less discomfort in the low back. A neutral back or flat low back is not causing stress on first, the disc and second, the facets. The facets are the part of the back that join each segment. Usually the low back has 5, occasionally 6. In the low back the facets are designed for flexion (forward bending) and extension (backward bending). Rotation causes irritation in the joint capsule. NG and other SA methods along with Trahan reduce the stressful pain-inducing positions.
If this were on facebook I would click on like. I have a very bad back that is fused from S1 to L3 and the Trahan swing has really helped my swing and lowered my pain level. I can swing sorta like DJ does but if I make even one swing like Justin does I will be back in the hospital. The key thing for me when swinging a golf club is to keep the fused part of my back as flat and still as I can. The Trahan swing seems to help me do that.

Stan