Anyone still using the Symple Swing grip with the Trahan swing?

Anyone still using the Symple Swing grip with the Trahan swing?

gsw

November 21st, 2010, 2:10 pm #1

I have been using the Don Trahan golf swing for a month or so with very good results using the conventional grip that Don teaches. The conventional grip has become a problem as it causes me to use just a bit of rotation in my forearms to square the clubface at impact. As we all know by now I dont like to rotate much in my golf swing so I did a forum search and found that in the past some of the forum members (Herbert, CD, JK) have already been through this and adopted the Symple Swing grip to solve this problem.http://www.network54.com/Forum/72052/th ... on+Herbert

I also have started to use the symple grip with the Trahan swing and it seems to be helping. Would any of you who have used the Trahan swing with the SS grip like to comment on how it worked out for you and why you stopped using it or why you still are using it. Thanks

Stan

November 22nd, 2010, 8:43 pm #2

Stan -- I've been considering ordering the Peak Performance (Trahan) golf CD's. I notice that when ordering the CD's, you don't actually recieve the physical CD's, but the information is downloaded to your computer system. Is this the way you started getting the swing information? How is this working out for you?

Thanks for your help.

AllenG

gsw

November 23rd, 2010, 4:58 am #3

Hi Allen

Actually I bought the CD Golf Plain and Straight back in 2008 after my last back surgery. I did not convert to Dons swing at that time because I thought that my homemade swing was better for my back. I did pay Don $37.00 in late September this year for the Internet access material. You can get the videos that are on his web site sent to you for a nominal fee, they say it is only the cost of the DVDs and shipping. I have been thinking about getting the hard DVD copies sent to me. You can get a lot of his info for free just by singing up and giving your email address. Once Don gets your email he will send a ton of emails to you so be warned.

As for how the swing is working? I have never been as strong and good of a golfer as I am today due to the swing change. I am currently making the exact swing motion that Don teaches but I am using the SS grip with a single overlap of the right hand and my shots are wonderful. I had some trouble with my chipping after changing to Dons swing but I seem to have that worked out as well. I hate to see the weather starting to get bad as I am on my best ball-striking streak of the year right now.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.

Stan

November 23rd, 2010, 1:08 pm #4

I have signed up for the free email Peak Performance hints, and you are correct, I'm getting plenty of informational emails. I'm very interested in the Trahan concept of using just a partial shoulder/body rotation on the back swing. This motion takes a lot of the strain off my new right knee. I had my knee replaced a couple of years ago, and have had a struggle adjusting my swing to eliminate pressure on the knee. I guess I'll stick with the email information for now and maybe order his DVD down loads at a later date.

Thanks for all your help, and good luck with your swing.

Allen

November 24th, 2010, 12:24 am #5

I have been using the Don Trahan golf swing for a month or so with very good results using the conventional grip that Don teaches. The conventional grip has become a problem as it causes me to use just a bit of rotation in my forearms to square the clubface at impact. As we all know by now I dont like to rotate much in my golf swing so I did a forum search and found that in the past some of the forum members (Herbert, CD, JK) have already been through this and adopted the Symple Swing grip to solve this problem.http://www.network54.com/Forum/72052/th ... on+Herbert

I also have started to use the symple grip with the Trahan swing and it seems to be helping. Would any of you who have used the Trahan swing with the SS grip like to comment on how it worked out for you and why you stopped using it or why you still are using it. Thanks

Stan
You gotta keep up or you can no longer be in the "new swing a month" club.

I have a brand swing for November. The Taly Pull/push is my latest try. It is probably the most basic swing you can get.

I did shoot a 38 for a front nine this past weekend. My best ever by one stroke.

I wonder what December will bring?

gsw

November 24th, 2010, 12:53 am #6

Stan
I got the chance to play and practice my golf swing today and the SS grip did not seem to work as well as it has been. I started hooking the ball with the SS grip. Is this what happened to you guys when you combined the Trahan swing with the SS grip?

Stan

November 24th, 2010, 1:42 am #7

Yes.

I did find that keeping the backswing up really high like Trahan recommends tended to keep the ball from hooking. Is it possible that you were slipping to a flatter backswing plane today?

Regards, Herbert

gsw

November 24th, 2010, 1:44 am #8

Hi Herbert

So when you used the Trahan swing and the SS grip did you hit the ball well? What made you decide to trash the Trahan/SS swing?

Stan

November 24th, 2010, 1:54 am #9

I hit it well for a while and then started hooking more shots than is good for my score. It is probably better to use the recommended grip with the Trahan method.

I decided a couple of weeks ago to quit messing around and dedicate myself to following Bertholy exactly. I am putting my practice time into program one and two at the moment.

"It is far better to have a half swing of high quality then a full swing of low quality."

Regards, Herbert

gsw

November 24th, 2010, 2:38 am #10

Thanks for the response and I think you may have been right about the swing plane. I just now went out into my garage and hit some balls into my net while trying to keep the plane as vertical as possible and I started to hit the ball solid again. I must have been getting into the sacred burial ground. I also went back to the grip that Don teaches. You are probably right also in that I would be better off trying to do the swing exaclty like Don Trahan teaches it.

Stan