Another SA player on tour

Another SA player on tour

April 21st, 2012, 4:27 pm #1

Graves is having a seminar tomorrow night on the web to discuss a tour player who they say is SA, besides Steve Stricker (who they profiled a while back).

Last year I posted here that Carl Pettersson was SA at the time. This year he looks a bit less so to me, but I'm sticking with him as my prediction. There have been times I thought Brian Gay was close to SA, though.

Any guesses?
If anyone watches it, please post the answer. I'll probably watch it during the remaining free/public viewing period at some point.

gsw

April 21st, 2012, 4:42 pm #2

Brian Gay would have been my guess also. I have always thought that he sets up with very high hands. I wish I could putt as well as he does.

Stan

April 21st, 2012, 10:48 pm #3

Graves is having a seminar tomorrow night on the web to discuss a tour player who they say is SA, besides Steve Stricker (who they profiled a while back).

Last year I posted here that Carl Pettersson was SA at the time. This year he looks a bit less so to me, but I'm sticking with him as my prediction. There have been times I thought Brian Gay was close to SA, though.

Any guesses?
If anyone watches it, please post the answer. I'll probably watch it during the remaining free/public viewing period at some point.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315"></embed></object>

Cheers,Bob
KLEX - USA

Last edited by bob2aa on April 21st, 2012, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Bob

April 22nd, 2012, 1:00 am #4

Any guesses?
Having the hands higher does not make it SA. Coming close does not make it so. depending on the angle of the camera it can make it look like it is. The golf machine guys call it the magic of the right forearm or something like that. and even then it changes from club to club, at least it looks that way.

I thought at least the guys that were close would consistently dominate. But if there is a tour SA player it would be great to validate on tour how Moe swung.

Hope so Hope so.

April 22nd, 2012, 12:56 pm #5

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315"></embed></object>

Cheers,Bob
KLEX - USA

That looks like his 2011 swing, which was what I spotted last year as very much SA. If anyone goes digging for videos, as Ham did last year, be aware that he has had other swings in other years. Even this year I think it is not as much SA. He's an interesting guy; one of those golfers who gets very hot for a brief time each season, it seems. Then disappears. When he's hot, his driving and irons are superb.

I was reading elsewhere that he supposedly plays an 11.5* driver, which is pretty unusual at that level.

Edit to add> Here's an article about that. Not only 11.5*, but 47 inches long!!! Wild.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=16381

Last edited by Snowman9000 on April 22nd, 2012, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 23rd, 2012, 7:20 pm #6

Hi Don,

That was the third round of the 2012 RBC Heritage tournament.

Very interesting that he uses a 11.5 degree driver with a 47 inch shaft. Many of us probably could benefit from a driver with more loft.

Here is a swing from 2011:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="420" height="315"></embed></object>

Cheers,Bob
KLEX - USA

Regards,
Bob

gsw

April 23rd, 2012, 7:50 pm #7

Any guesses?
OK: So who is the new SA pro golfer on the tour?

April 23rd, 2012, 9:14 pm #8

Regards,
Bob

April 23rd, 2012, 10:33 pm #9

OK: So who is the new SA pro golfer on the tour?
Winner winner chicken dinner!