I'm back - Reformed Baptist

Reformed Baptist
Leading Member
Reformed Baptist
Leading Member

July 5th, 2018, 1:16 pm #1

It's been an age since I posted here - but I'm back! 

For those who don't know (or remember me), I am a minister in a Particular Baptist Church in the UK (think reformed Baptist as my name suggests). Our church is confessional (1689 Baptist Confession) and love to talk theology. 

My friends, refer to me as RB.
"George Whitefield said, "We are all born Arminians." It is grace that turns us into Calvinists." Spurgeon

Ask Mr. Religion
Site Founder

July 5th, 2018, 2:25 pm #2

Welcome back, RB!
AMR (a.k.a. Patrick)
Do You Confess?
Faculty PRBS
My Randomata Blog

Markus Leoninus
Sustaining Member
Markus Leoninus
Sustaining Member

July 6th, 2018, 12:10 am #3

Brother, since the last time we spoke (now well over a year ago; amazing how time flies), I've often said to myself, "Where's my boy, RB? I pray he's doing well."
I'd think, "Well, I could try to contact him via e-mail, but he's probably just busy as a bee. He'll be around eventually".
Of course, curiosity would get the best of me, so I'd go to your Church site, and see if you were regularly posting links to sermons. I'd see that you were, and then relax.

And so, I've waited.
And waited.
And waited some more, for your return here.
I was gone awhile myself, though I think no one noticed; or perhaps someone noticed and then sighed for relief, lol.

And here you are, back in the saddle again.
You know me, RB, I'm glad to see you back.
Between you and Patrick I don't know who is the best exegete, and you two are my fave resident theologians. I'm thinking the forum might start hoppin' again.

🙂
Beware of phony Calvinists, Pharisees that thumb the nose, willfully blind to their own profound wretchedness.

Reformed Baptist
Leading Member
Reformed Baptist
Leading Member

July 6th, 2018, 7:02 am #4

Markus, How are you friend? 

It's nice to be missed! 

I have had some tough times over the last year or so - two lessons I have had to learn (again). 

1) Even dark providences are God's good gifts (sometimes the best of his gifts)

2) To weep over the sins of others, especially when they hurt you and your church

God is good, and I'm still going strong in Him. 
"George Whitefield said, "We are all born Arminians." It is grace that turns us into Calvinists." Spurgeon

September 10th, 2018, 9:05 am #5

Until you have your dunkin' smiley, you won't count. :) :D